Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Shigure
Post subject: Harekazi - Kagero Class DestroyerPosted: June 13th, 2016, 2:20 pm
Harekazi is an training ship from the Japanese anime, Haifuri. The crew of the ship is operated by teenage girls as part of naval training. The ships from the series are much darker and have red stripes painted on the hull as well as a badge on the funnel to indicate it's from the Yokosuka Naval Academy.

It's a wild idea but I actually like the show.

Here's the original Harekaze
[ img ]

Here is Harekaze after a refit. With the refit she received 3 new 5" guns, a new American gun director and a torpedo director inside the bridge.

[ img ]

Last edited by Shigure on June 19th, 2016, 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Harekazi - Kagero Class DestroyerPosted: June 13th, 2016, 2:35 pm
I think the one in the anime might have a different AA gun arrangement, judging from that scene where the possessed gunner fires it. I'll have to go back and view it again.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Harekazi - Kagero Class DestroyerPosted: June 13th, 2016, 2:43 pm
I thought of that to. They are a few subtle differences, but until I can find better images of the ship, I'm not going to change it now.

And it's cool to know you've seen the show ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Harekazi - Kagero Class DestroyerPosted: June 13th, 2016, 3:08 pm
... and until you've done that, don't put your name on the drawing! For, what have you done sofar? Really nothing but changed some colors, right? Once you change it substantially enough - then you may add your signature too!

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Harekazi - Kagero Class DestroyerPosted: June 13th, 2016, 3:18 pm
I reexamined some images of the ship, but I could not find any views of the rear end, but I did notice the bridge looks a bit different. I can add the motor boats too.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Harekazi - Kagero Class DestroyerPosted: June 13th, 2016, 3:43 pm
There are also better Type3/Mod-C 127mm gun turrets and Type92 quadruple torpedo launchers Here

A quick google-ing also shows a different mast arrangement with modern-day radars:

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Harekazi - Kagero Class DestroyerPosted: June 13th, 2016, 4:25 pm
Old
[ img ]

New
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Harekazi - Kagero Class DestroyerPosted: June 13th, 2016, 4:42 pm
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Harekazi - Kagero Class DestroyerPosted: June 13th, 2016, 5:00 pm
Thank you very much!

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Harekazi - Kagero Class DestroyerPosted: June 13th, 2016, 7:13 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
... and until you've done that, don't put your name on the drawing! For, what have you done sofar? Really nothing but changed some colors, right? Once you change it substantially enough - then you may add your signature too!
As far as I know, if you change the drawing in *any* fashion from the original creator's version, then your name goes on it, if for no other reason than to let the viewer know that it has been altered by your hand. To the best of my understanding, there is no minimum threshold for this, and there shouldn't be.

To put things in context, if I were to take one of your drawings, Bezo, repaint it in some garishly horrible paint scheme, and post it somewhere, wouldn't your rather your name *not* the be the last one that appears on the credits tag?

((Note, I'm not saying that the DD here is an example of that by any means))

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 22 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: