Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 18 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 116 17 18 19 2076 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 11th, 2014, 3:36 am
MihoshiK wrote:
Better, but you should stick to your original plan of moving the forward stack into the superstructure: You get more seperation of your engine rooms, a good thing, and the ship will look a bit less squashed if you have more room amidships.

Also, if you keep the longer bow, you've easily got room for a 64 cell VLS there. furethermore, a slightly larger ship with rather more operational range than a Burke might fit the Aussies well. Your navy simply doesn't have the huge logistical train the USN has.
erik_t wrote:
I'd like to see more space between the engine rooms, yes. Lengthening the bow for a 64-cell VLS feels like it would also make the situation a bit finer; she feels sort of husky right now, and the superstructure seems awfully far forward.
You mean something like this?

[ img ]

Though I guess I better shrink that thing, too.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 11th, 2014, 8:14 am
I have incorporated some of the suggested changes.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 11th, 2014, 5:17 pm
Much better!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 11th, 2014, 5:40 pm
Hey Leut_East, can you implement that funnel change to your "long-hulled" version as well? It actually is a vast improvement on the looks of your ship!

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 11th, 2014, 8:00 pm
Looks better, but a few things. You might want to add the "flaps" the Spanish added to the F101s forward stack:
F101 before flaps and F101 after flaps

The reason is simple: Look at the fouling on the aft SPY panels!

So yeah, doing that is a REAL good idea.

Second: Your Nulka! You lost it!

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 11th, 2014, 8:05 pm
The after legs of the tripod mast seem overly beefy, and I'm not clear on the purpose for the ladder running up them. If the foreleg of the mast is anything like a Burke, it's got an internal ladder already.

[ img ]

This is taken from the IFF platform, looking downward.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 12th, 2014, 7:05 am
Last mod.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 12th, 2014, 7:38 am
Awesome LEUT!

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 12th, 2014, 2:38 pm
...and the long-hulled version, please, please with sugar coating on!?!

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 12th, 2014, 6:05 pm
I'd try very hard to relocate that SATCOM (?) dome on the back of the forward funnel. Perhaps the little platform on the front of the after funnel?

Moving the topmast back about six pixels (as on the Burke) will facilitate access and maintenance to systems located up there. I'm not sure how your IFF array up there is configured, but I don't think it has a view aft at this time. Of course, you could probably choose to add a rotating IFF array to the big bar antenna (what is that, anyway?) and do some data-integration on the back end, instead of depending on the AIMS antenna.

Now that I look at it again, I'm also not sure that tripod mast works in the first place! How wide is the top of the forward funnel? How wide can you actually splay the after two legs of the mast? Diamond-shaped superstructures tend to have problems like this.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 18 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 116 17 18 19 2076 »

Jump to: