Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ] 
Corp
Post subject: TDD-1 Tuatha de DanaanPosted: January 10th, 2021, 1:17 am
After an abortive start a year ago, I've dusted off what is one of my favorite, if less realistic fictional subs. The Tuatha de Danaan Amphibious Assault Submarine from the Full Metal Panic franchise. It's not exactly the most accurate depiction and needs polishing but I don't currently have much in the way of good references and those I have are can be conflicting at times so I've decided to halt with what I have here. If I find a FMP art book with good references I'll dig this back up and take another crack at it.
[ img ]
For those unfamiliar with the series, the Tuatha de Danaan is a submarine operated by the fictional Anti-terrorist Mercenary organization Mithril as the core of their pacific battle group. The ship's primary striking force are the "Primary Response Team" Unit and the Armor Slave
equipped "Special Response Team" Unit both supported by an air wing comprised of 4 AV-8 Super Harrier IIs, 4 RAH-66 Comanche and 6 x MH-67 PAVE Mare transports (Shout out to Cascadia for having already drawn this). In addition the Danaan has bow torpedo tubes and a VLS system capable of launching Tomahawk, Harpoon and Ballistic missiles. When surfaced for air operations the ship is uses an ECS (Electronic Conceal System) to hide from Visual, IR and Radar detection.

The Ship is drawn at the alleged length of 218 meters that I found in a scan of an Italian language art book. I feel, based on both my drawing and her depiction in the anime that this number is likely wildly off. Despite this I'd rather scale my work on a probably wrong number than go mad trying to to figure out the "correct" length from screenshots via context, especially considering as I on screen size has been very consistent. I can live with imperfection if it means keeping my sanity.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs”

Jump to: