Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
BvonTeapot
Post subject: World of Warships: Venezia class Heavy CruiserPosted: January 24th, 2022, 7:42 pm
Hello everyone, I would like to present to you my latest drawing - the World of Warships (WoWS) Italian heavy cruiser RN Venezia. She sits at the top of the Italian tree as the last heavy cruiser available, and is a strange mix of so many different ships. I started this project in June, then got burnt out and left it to sit until December when I started back up on it. It took about 10 redesigns and scrappings, until I finally got it to look right. I am exceptionally happy with this one, as it is the first ship that is nearly entirely drawn by me. Of course, the parts that I used I have credited to the appropriate artists. Thanks to Karle94 for the Roma hull that I used as the basis for modifications!

Anyway, I do not play WoWS but I did find this ship interesting enough to make this effort towards drawing it. She is armed with 15x 203 mm/53 Ansaldo guns, like on the Zara class with a secondary assortment of 12 x 90 mm/50 OTO 1939 DP guns, 8x 65 mm/64 model 1939 and 10x 37 mm/54 Breda 1939 AA guns. She surprisingly has an impressive top speed of 36.6 knots, and is an equally impressive ~206-210 m long (I get different numbers when researching). Certainly an interesting design made to pack a punch and redefine heavy cruisers!

I am open to any changes that need to be made, as I want to make this thing as perfect as possible. Thanks for viewing!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: World of Warships: Venezia class Heavy CruiserPosted: January 25th, 2022, 12:06 am
The Italian Navy had such bad luck during WWII, but they definitely made some of the most beautiful ships I've ever seen. Venezia would've been no different, and probably could've served into the 1980s with a missile refit like the Bostons. Great drawing!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
bugsier_060
Post subject: Re: World of Warships: Venezia class Heavy CruiserPosted: February 5th, 2022, 1:05 pm
very nice ship in typical italian styling. What about displacement? I think 25.000 ts at least would be needed. But 5 triple turrets 20,3 cm in my opinion is not so effective as the mere number of the guns suggest. I think 4 triple turrets of 25,4 cm (the utmost) were more suitable and effictive whereas I think 4 twin or 3 triple 25,4 cm would be the best solution for this size. Nevertheless a very nice drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs”

Jump to: