Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Royal Australian Navy AUPosted: April 7th, 2024, 12:00 am
reytuerto wrote: *
Nice drawing! Very detailed for a boat of that size. Well done (I think that in your case is Bravo Zulu ;) )! And is amazing for the size of the real boat a descompression chamber! May I ask why the pair of boats (which seems very capable, at least to me) are not comissioned in the Australian Navy? Thanks in advance for your answer and cheers.
I used the 3 Geraldton Boat Builders real life RAN support vessels Shark, Seal & Porpoise as a basis. They all had small recompression chambers so I thought that would work well on my Manning Class. And the reason they are ADVs and not HMAS is because they are minor support vessels only (much like a RHIB).

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Royal Australian Navy AUPosted: April 11th, 2024, 11:57 pm
Tingira Class Training Ship

HMAS Tingira is a training ship built to support RAN and ADF training requirements. The vessel was built by Ingalls Shipbuilding USA in Pascogoula, launched in 2005 and commissioned in 2006. She is classed as a multi-role aircraft training vessel and is fitted with the aircraft ship integrated secure and traverse system (ASIST) to enable MH-60AU(R) and HH-60AU(S) helicopter pilots to safely land and take off from the deck in severe weather conditions. Night helicopter operations are supported, along with the ability to re-fuel helicopters on the deck or in flight.

The vessel is also able to perform diverse roles for the RAN including initial sea training, disaster support, torpedo and mine recovery, dive support, target towing, consort duties and unmanned aerial vehicle support.

Typically, HMAS Tingira operates with two crews of 22 personnel (and 8 aircrew) who will maintain the vessel although she can accommodate up to 45 ADF personnel overnight.

Displacement: 2,500 tonnes (full load)
Length: 86 metres
Beam: 13.8 metres
Draught: 3.9 metres
Speed/Range: 23 knots (9,000 nm at 15 knots)
Compliment: 22 + 8 aircrew

CODAG Propulsion:
2 x MTU16V 4000 Diesel Engines (8,200 hp each)
1 x General Electric LM2500 Gas Turbine (20,500 hp) – Boost Power

Radars:
Raymarine Magnum 8 Navigation Radar
Raytheon AN/SPS-73 Surface Search Radar

Sonar:
Thales BlueWatcher (UMS4120) Hull Mounted Sonar

[ img ]

HMAS Tingira forms part of 17th Training Squadron and is based at Fleet Base (East), New South Wales although she undertakes regular training activities in both the east and west coasts of Australia.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Royal Australian Navy AUPosted: April 14th, 2024, 12:17 pm
Excellent drawings.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: