Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 9  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 69 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Armoured cruiser of Interkommunaali 1880-1905Posted: February 13th, 2023, 2:10 pm
Armoured cruiser of Interkommunaali 1880-1905

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Battleships of Interkommunaali 1880-1905 part 1Posted: February 13th, 2023, 2:20 pm
Battleships of Interkommunaali 1880-1905 part 1

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Battleships of Interkommunaali 1880-1905, part 2Posted: February 13th, 2023, 2:25 pm
Battleships of Interkommunaali 1880-1905, part 2

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Aravala (Gollyverse) Main threadPosted: February 13th, 2023, 10:40 pm
Fantastic work!
When You wrote that You're switching to French designs, I was expecting lots of weird looking ships, but some of them are much weirder than anything I'd imagine in worst nightmares. (with Viljelija occupying top spot in that ranking - and some of these bows...) :lol:
(My one stylistical nit-picks would be that rigging is barely visible and that on some ships there is shading of the underwater part that abruptly ends on the waterline)

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Aravala (Gollyverse) Main threadPosted: February 14th, 2023, 6:29 am
Thanks, I must say it was not easy to get the idea of Viljelijä to work in paper but I can assure that it is a real preliminary design of Léger Class torpedo cruiser!

For the stylistic points, I admit, I rushed these to be ready before the next child is born so there might be some sloppiness here and there. I try to fix them asap.

[Profile] [Quote]
Shigure
Post subject: Re: Aravala (Gollyverse) Main threadPosted: February 14th, 2023, 11:13 am
Lovely ships! Lots of really weird designs in here. Bless the French.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Aravala (Gollyverse) Main threadPosted: February 14th, 2023, 6:03 pm
Indeed, all these warships have a French - inspired appearance.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Aravala (Gollyverse) Main threadPosted: February 14th, 2023, 9:03 pm
There are so many, that I don't know where to start, but at fast look they are nice

[Profile] [Quote]
waritem
Post subject: Re: Aravala (Gollyverse) Main threadPosted: February 15th, 2023, 8:05 am
Fantastic work, as always...........

I have only one regret (expressed several times):
Many of these ships seem to require little work to find their way to the "Never-Built Designs" or "real designs" sections. it's a pity not to "make the most of" this superb work.
At the very least, it would be instructive to give the origin (when there is a precise one) of such and such a design. I am thinking particularly of the last two Coastal battleships which seem to be inspired by obscure French projects for the Chinese Imperial Navy, but I surely miss other unsuspected nuggets.........

JE SUIS CHARLIE

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Aravala (Gollyverse) Main threadPosted: February 15th, 2023, 10:07 am
All of these are based on real french never-build projects and preliminary designs. Don't worry, I will post all of those from which I have pictorial references in to the French Never-build section including those which are based on the Chinese coastal battleship designs like I said in the foreword.

I wont be posting those which are my own interpretations of textual references as it just my own imagination trying to visualize what those designs might have looked.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 9  [ 85 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 69 »

Jump to: