Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 24  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1124 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: May 6th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Bidder is a homing anti-submarine torpedo, some tubes were fitted to ships but it never became operational. Consider it grandaddy to Stingray.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: May 7th, 2011, 11:33 am
The Destroyer Frigate Rebuild Programme
From the early 1950s work began on rebuilding the old War Emergency Destroyers into modern ASW frigates with the latest design influences from Bikini and the latest ASW weaponry.

Type 15
23 hulls were rebuilt to Type 15 standard which was the top-end design with one twin 4in, one twin Bofors, two twin Bidder ASW torpedoes, two Limbo and space for a Fairey Ultralight helicopter aft. Some early ships had twin Squid until Limbo was ready and others had eight single Bidder torpedo tubes amidships. They were in service until 1970-73.
[ img ]

Type 18
18 hulls were rebuilt to Type 18 standard which was less expensive as structual alterations were less, armament was roughly the same except that one quad 21in torpedo tube mount was retained and it was used to fire Bidder and normal anti-ship torpedoes (but not Fancy). These too served until 1970-73.
[ img ]

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: May 7th, 2011, 7:11 pm
klagldsf wrote:
moar ships
The as built HTP submarines Explorer and Excalibur.As we all know a developement of the Walther propulsion system of late WW2 origin.This was never a great success in real life due to the rather annoying tendancy of the high test peroxide to explode when in contact with salt water.I originally designed the follow on class as a development of "Exploder" perhaps with plastic coating on both the inside and outside of the fuel tanks and pipework to make it safer.After discussions with my fellow Admirals of the Grey Funnel Line we decided to go for a light weight deltic type diesel propulsion.I will leave it up to the viewers which they prefer.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: May 9th, 2011, 6:24 am
What missile is that on 2nd Tenacity? I have never seen it before.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: May 9th, 2011, 7:04 am
It is 'Blueslug' (and we must find sexier names!), which was the aborted ssm version of Seaslug, which itself, at least in its Mk.2 form had a limited ssm capability. Blueslug already arms some larger wraships here, having some mixed into magazines. Here I've speculated on a containerised deployment aboard smaller units :)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: May 9th, 2011, 3:55 pm
Question: Is it possible for a Tenacity to take 4 MM38 Exocet?I have in my computer one with Sea Killer SSM.

[Profile] [Quote]
schepper911
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: May 9th, 2011, 4:27 pm
great designs where did you find the coat of arms ? i am looking for them

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: May 9th, 2011, 4:38 pm
The sealed pattern badges are from a disk called Admiralty Badges Encyclopaedia by TP Stopford.This is available on the net for about £25.If the ship was actually issued a badge( and some were not) it will be on there.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: May 9th, 2011, 4:51 pm
Quote:
Question: Is it possible for a Tenacity to take 4 MM38 Exocet?I have in my computer one with Sea Killer SSM.
That wouldn't be a problem. The Blueslug predates the Exocet, being more contempory with earlier Soviet ssm's, whereas the Exocet was dedicated ssm from the start - and much more compact, so I'd expect four of those against two with the bigger Blueslug. Seakiller was sold through Vospers to Libya on their light frigates, and I once did a version on the original Tenacity (a smaller hull), as Vosper did put dummy Seakillers and 35mm duals on their Tenacity to try selling it abroad - without success.

I should add that the Tenacity in the AU here will be replaced by a 'Super Ramadan' on the same hull, but with updated weapons and sensors :)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: The Alternative Postwar Royal NavyPosted: May 10th, 2011, 11:43 am
Οk,Ι will do a Εxocet-armed Τenacity.Νow,the W-type or Ι-type destroyers (or Ιsraeli Εilat Class destroyers) used by RΝ ΑU?Ιsrael Νavy decommisioned them in early seventies.Could these destroyers have ΑSROC?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 24  [ 236 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1124 »

Jump to: