Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 42 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Go to page « 140 41 42 43 4465 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: April 11th, 2012, 6:53 pm
Agreed they're most certainly nothing like the Buff or Bone But then again would they necessarily need to be? With regards to engine placement they are indeed stacked, was the only arrangement possible without resorting to a wing root like the RAF V bombers. As such the arrangement proved unsatisfactory and as and when a suitable replacement was found it was then engineered into the space available resulting in the buccaneer style setup of the B.5

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: FD Scaled Weapons from the Atlantian Universe.Posted: April 16th, 2012, 12:39 pm
Common to both the new Dutch AU I'm trying to work out and this one some FD scale weapon systems.

Air Launched variant of the Kingfisher AShMs and LAMs
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Kingfisher Variants:
The Kingfisher is a heavy high-speed anti shipping and land attack missile (depending on which version you look at). Launched from altitude it has a range of in excess of 250km and carries a 300kg warhead (SAP-HEI on the AShM and HE-FRAG on the LAM) Maximum sustained speed is around Mach 2.2 at altitude and 2.0 down on the deck.

Firebrand Variants:
The MBDA (for want of a better company) Firebrand is essentially a Meteor at least in concept though executed slightly differently. All three variants feature the same body layout but have different seeker arrangements. The ARH model features a Ka band active radar seeker with secondary INS/GPS datalink and an electro-optical proximity fuse. The PRH model features an X band passive seeker with a secondary INS/GPS datalink and an electro-optical proximity fuse. Finally the IRH model features a 128x128 FPA seeker with secondary INS/GPS datalink and an electro-optical proximity fuse.
All three variants have a kinematic ranges in excess of 150km, the IRH model is capable of 90° off-boresight shots. The maximum sustained speed for all three variants is around Mach 4.5 All three variants possess a 20kg HE-FRAG warhead
There are plans in the works for an expanded range of Firebrands to be used in the air to ground role, an example of this is conversion of the PRH variant into an anti-radiation missile. All three variants can be launched from the same launchers as AMRAAM and Meteor use.

Labrys:
The MBDA Labrys is essentially somewhere between an IRIS-T, Python 5 and Mica IR in it's origins. The Labrys features a 128x128 FPA seeker with secondary INS/GPS datalink and an electro-optical proximity fuse as on the Firebrand IRH. The Labrys was developed in tandem with the Firebrand as a WVRAAM to complement the former family of long range missiles. The Labrys has a maximum kinematic range of 40km and minimum firing range of 300. The Labrys has a maximum sustainable speed of mach 4 and compared to the 20kg warhead of the Firebrand the Labrys "only" has a 10kg warhead. Like it's Firebrand counterpart the Labrys is capable of 90° off-boresight shots.

More to come. ~Mark

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: April 16th, 2012, 3:24 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
With regards to engine placement they are indeed stacked, was the only arrangement possible without resorting to a wing root like the RAF V bombers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Sperrin

As for the size and role of the bomber - well that's naturally up to you and there's nothing wrong with the design as it is. Really it fits exactly where a V-Bomber would be (they weren't as big as some people may think, and neither was the B-47 which was in the same category).

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: April 16th, 2012, 7:22 pm
Interesting missile concepts, I see you went with multiple seeker types of the BVRAAM. Good choice, in my opinion.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: AAe FA-17 Serpent / Gyrfalcon FD Scale (Revision 1)Posted: April 30th, 2012, 8:51 pm
[ img ]

I'm somewhat struggling to find a suitable scheme for Atlantia's combat aircraft (other than the FA-127, that's grey for a reason). Ideally I'd like them to feature some sort of camouflage scheme rather than just blodges of opposing colours. If I can't mange to make it work in FD scale from a clarity point of view though then I'm thinking about having both the FA-15 and FA-17s wearing a coat of RAM similar in shade to FS36118 (See here) In which case the FA-127 will follow suit with the colour change bringing all three major land based combat aircraft in the Atlantian inventory to a similar standard of livery.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 8:08 pm
I shall be re-designing HMAtS Andarta and the future CVNs. Firstly quick cross-sectional snapshot near enough amidships to scale and basic deck plan which isn't.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 8:18 pm
are only the closed bulkheads in this cross section or also the main girders? if the girders are in it, you have some hard points in the construction. also, warships are mostly double hulled, yours is only double bottomed...... watch out with the tanks, and with the weight above the waterline (I do not know where you have it, but it looks top heavy if it is anywhere below 5 levels above the tank top.

what should be said is that it is great that you do this, and I wish more would !

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: May 3rd, 2012, 8:48 pm
Just bulkheads, regarding the double hulling, the cross section was really just meant to show deck, hangar and machinery spaces. This is what I have thus far from a drawing point of view.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: June 12th, 2012, 4:22 pm
Some updated parts and bits and pieces.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of AtlantiaPosted: June 12th, 2012, 11:22 pm
:shock: :shock: :o :o :o :!: :!: :shock: The awesomeness.... it BURNS!!!!
seriously your AU and work in general is simply outstanding

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 42 of 65  [ 648 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 140 41 42 43 4465 »

Jump to: