Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 1:13 pm
[ img ]

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: March 3rd, 2012, 6:34 pm
Much better :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Chris Roach
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: March 5th, 2012, 5:51 am
Hmmm... Ballarat? Not sure if it's a name likely to land on anything larger than a sloop, I'd be tempted to go for one of the state capitals instead. My other issue is she's got an awfully heavy and advanced light AA armourment for her role and era (yeah, Bofors were avalible pre-war but not in the quantity that you'd stick a dozen on a CVE) and yet bugger all heavy AA (single 4.5 or 4.7 inch mount, probably low-angle only?). Perhaps cut back on the Bofors (or replace with 2 pounder pom-poms?) and add a few 4in AA guns?

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: March 5th, 2012, 6:31 am
Rodondo, I did a CAC Boomerang a while back and should be on the sheets somewhere. I'll look it up and post a navalized version, if I need to.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: March 5th, 2012, 10:56 am
Chris Roach wrote:
Hmmm... Ballarat? Not sure if it's a name likely to land on anything larger than a sloop, I'd be tempted to go for one of the state capitals instead. My other issue is she's got an awfully heavy and advanced light AA armourment for her role and era (yeah, Bofors were avalible pre-war but not in the quantity that you'd stick a dozen on a CVE) and yet bugger all heavy AA (single 4.5 or 4.7 inch mount, probably low-angle only?). Perhaps cut back on the Bofors (or replace with 2 pounder pom-poms?) and add a few 4in AA guns?
Well, I kept the name from the original liner it was built upon, (SS Ballarat) All of the Major capital cities at this point have either a light/heavy cruiser or Destroyer leader named after them and Ballarat seemed a bit fitting as a oddity :P

I agree with the AA comments, so I think what is depicted now will be the post 1942 refit armament, I will be reducing it considerably which opens space for extra boats and hangar space.
nighthunter wrote:
Rodondo, I did a CAC Boomerang a while back and should be on the sheets somewhere. I'll look it up and post a navalized version, if I need to.

Thanks Nighthunter! ;)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: March 5th, 2012, 5:16 pm
Anytime, Brother. Least I could do for an Ally of the Dracan Commonwealth, and them selling parts and equipment to the DC since WW2. XD

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: March 9th, 2012, 4:37 am
Nice!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8

Jump to: