Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: June 10th, 2011, 12:25 pm
and what about the CAC boomerang? maybe an naval version?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: June 10th, 2011, 12:25 pm
Doctor who indeed (massive Doctor Who nut). Buffalo is maybe suitable but even if Australia was independent I can see more stuff coming from us than from the US early on. Later on in the war you could very easily end up with stuff like Wildcats and SBDs maybe even some indigenous stuff too.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: June 10th, 2011, 12:41 pm
@Jabba
Thinking currently 10 Buffalos,8 Swordfish and maybe 8 Wirraways for the 1939 airwing

I think a navalized CAC Kangaroo for her last days(1946-1951)would be fitting

I would love it if you did the kangaroo for me ;)

Yes, in 1942 she has a bit of a hangar extension which add 2planes more to her wing

@Acelanceloet

It looks suitable for navalization,very much like US carrier fighters(the Wildcat in mind)

@Blackbuck
I am expecting more of a less British presence in the post 1942 airwing (due to the ease to acquiring Us planes geographically) but I see maybe half as British in 1937-1941

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: June 10th, 2011, 1:20 pm
Buffalo, Wirraway and Swordfish in two different colour schemes. Hope this is helpful!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: June 10th, 2011, 3:03 pm
Thanks so much,wonderful!!!

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: June 10th, 2011, 3:12 pm
I would go for the CAC 'Boomer' in preference to the Buffalo; but anyway, if you're assuming a developed arms industry you can have better than foreign designs not suitable for the Pacific; and here I'm thinking about the Swordfish. The Japanese 'Zero' murdered every Swordfish they came across, not to mention Devastators, so what you need is decent dive bomber, so yes, a Twin Wasp engined type contemporary with the Boomerang. The Boomer was incredibly tough, cannon armed, and manouverable, but lacked good climb to height, but even so was still better (if navalised) than a Sea Hurricane or any of the other lamentable FAA types available.

Just Google CAC Boomerang, and you'll get all you need, including some nice drawings :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: June 10th, 2011, 3:20 pm
Seeing that the Boomerang was introduced in 1943 I suppose they would serve in the post 1942 airwing,

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: June 10th, 2011, 3:28 pm
Yes, but it was designed and rushed into production due to Pearl Harbour; the technology was easily applied in time for a 1939 conflict. It wouldn't outshine a Widcat, but it was similar in concept. Interestingly, the only country that had a good word to say about the Buffalo was Finland, who liked it, maybe because it was one of the first 'modern' warplanes they bought, and it did well against the Soviet aircraft - but never against anything the Japanese had. Its worth considering just what a massacre would have taken place if the (then) FAA had come up in force against the Japanese naval air arm. It was only when they received US designs that the FAA had the right tools for the job.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: June 10th, 2011, 4:28 pm
Exactly, it was a stopgap measure till they had a something substantial, mind you though zeros were good but I would love to see it go against a P51, a Kangaroo or a Spitfire(zero would probably lose these fights)

Ah...Finland, using buffalo :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Rodondo's little Australian AU(1910-1950)Posted: June 10th, 2011, 5:06 pm
It's not so much the equipment rather how it's used. SBDs have confirmed kills on Zeroes and they're hardly top notch fighters.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »

Jump to: