Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Demokratische Republik of NeustaatPosted: November 13th, 2011, 12:04 pm
Question: Why the background in aircrafts is grey?

PS:The Flackpanzer 57/2 is very good and plausible even for real East Germany.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Demokratische Republik of NeustaatPosted: November 13th, 2011, 7:32 pm
The colors I used for the bottom two aircraft didn't look right against a white background, for some reason.

Thanks for the comment about the Flakpanzer, I am happy about how it turned out. I somewhat based the turret off Objekt 530 which was a real design, albeit one which didn't reach production status. Given the consternation the ZSU-23-4 caused, a 57mm version would have been downright nasty. I think the Soviets also planned a ZSU-37-2, but this didn't get built either. In my setup, the Flakpanzer 57/2 Mod is a divisional asset, while the Flakpanzer 23/4 S (Soviet) is a brigade one.

Compared to the original ZSU-57-2 improvements include fully enclosed turret, motorized turret & weapon aiming, night sight, electronic FCS, LRF, APU, and proximity-fuzed ammunition, which has to be procured from China.

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Demokratische Republik of NeustaatPosted: November 15th, 2011, 12:51 pm
The Flackpanzer 37/2 could be based on Panzer IV chassis instead of Soviet chassis,an all german weapon.
Also I have a 3-view plan of the Baade Ba-152,the only aircraft designed in East Germany.If interest,please pm me.

[Profile] [Quote]
Obsydian Shade
Post subject: Re: Demokratische Republik of NeustaatPosted: November 16th, 2011, 11:13 pm
Neustaat is another island in the Indian Ocean. While I did, in fact, intend it to be sort of like East Germany, it never had relations with Nazi Germany, so would never have had any designs from them, instead relying on mostly Soviet inspired ones. I thank you for the offer of the aircraft plans, but my planned progression is Yak-23, Mig-15, Mig-17, etc... (If only someone would do a Yak-23)

If it's close enough to cast a shadow, I think the flying house wins initiative.

Bronies are like the Forsworn. Everyone agrees that they are a problem but nobody wants to expend the energy rooting them out.

"That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way."

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: