Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 87 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 185 86 87 88 89 90 »
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 15th, 2013, 6:22 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
What is that on top of her superstructure? A Merry-go-Round??? - Awesome drawing though. Gives a whole new meaning to the term "superdetailed"!
That round thing on top is the 'Panorama'-radar, I found a picture of it from an installation at Berlin. Not much further info found on the net but that picture.
http://www.radarworld.org/germany3.html

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 15th, 2013, 6:37 pm
Ahhh...you mean the "Paranoia"-radar.... ;) 8-) :D :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 15th, 2013, 6:40 pm
Is possible draw the deck?Because is so nice see the aircraft carrier deck details...

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: BC Hindenburg 1938Posted: November 15th, 2013, 6:41 pm
The battlecruiser Hindenburg was rebuildt in 1937 to a look like 'Scharnhorst'. Casemats were replaced by 15cm-twins, a catapult was installed on an aft turret roof. 10,5cm-aa-twins were installed and finally the directors including 'Seetakt'-radar. This is how 'Hindenburg' looked in 1938.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 15th, 2013, 6:53 pm
No lengthening of the Hindenburg? Surely after some 20 years, he would need to have his machinery refitted or replaced? Also, though, in 1938, I can accept the straight bow, will he have an "Atlantik-buge" later on? Overall, a surprisingly competent rebuilding/modernization, though overly compact for my taste. - Again, lengthening by adding either a midship-section, or in the bows will cure that!
(Also, I have referred to the vessel consistently with male pronoun, since that's the established German practice...)

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 15th, 2013, 6:59 pm
A handsome vessel indeed...the 'Atlantik bow' will only serve to increase this! Nice to see this thread back up and running!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: CL WilhelmshavenPosted: November 15th, 2013, 7:02 pm
The small cruiser 'Emden' had a sister, the 'Wilhelmshaven'. She saw a massive rebild in 1940. She was equipped with 15cm-lightweight-twins and a completely new superstructure. Still not useful for frontline duty she saw training missions only.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 15th, 2013, 7:32 pm
It's back on! Love these ships, Ashley!
The heavily gun-armed carrier is really awesome! I for one like the "Merry-go-Round"-radar.
The WW2 edition of a Derfflinger looks stellar!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 15th, 2013, 7:37 pm
most of these new drawings still have the tendency to go wrong way up.... especially that carrier.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: November 15th, 2013, 7:39 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
No lengthening of the Hindenburg? Surely after some 20 years, he would need to have his machinery refitted or replaced? Also, though, in 1938, I can accept the straight bow, will he have an "Atlantik-bug" later on?
I don't think, a second major refit would be economic for such an old vessel. But however, I will do a Hindenburg with new machines and new bow. Just to see it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 87 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 185 86 87 88 89 90 »

Jump to: