Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 21 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2390 »
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 31st, 2011, 8:51 am
Yes, never-where AUs for the win!

Few points thoug, the 12,8 cm Douple turrets you used are the older low angle model intneded for the Type 38B destroyers, not the later DP one.
Also, there are some whitness shining trough the ship, try again pasting it atop of colored sheet to spot where the grey paint is missing.

As a personal opinion I would leave the 15 cm guns to the past and go for all 12,8 cm DP armament and Spahenkreuzers for leaders, but thats just me ;)

Once I get my portable hard-drive (including my library in it) back, Ill try to check if I have better info of the 1945 destroyers in there.

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 31st, 2011, 9:47 am
Very nice Z-45, baring the minor mistakes already stated. I tried my hand at it once, never could get it right due to lack of hard info on her.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 31st, 2011, 12:53 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
I have no usable drawing of the DPs. For the mainstream-destroyer the 12,8 dp is most useful, I agree here. But it's germanish to do a special version of a something with more engine or firepower. So the 1945 B is fitted with 15cm. A logical invention would be a 15cm DP-turret.

I'm now on the 1944 projected destroyer, the 1938 and 1940 Spahkreuzers are half ready. And some other of the small stuff. Got to dig my own sources. For example, Scharrenberg gave a big bunch of technical drawings from radar prototypes. They are from the Bundesarchiv and a very valuable and, most important, true source.
There are also existing photos of a streaming model of an aa-cruiser-prototype. The model is still stored there. These are photos you cannot google! But, I've got to dig 'em out.

Minor color mistakes will be finished soon.
edit: just finished, hope I met all.

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 31st, 2011, 3:33 pm
Perhaps it's just me, but the forward guns look uncomfortably close to the prow. Not going to say it's wrong, just that it looks... potentially problematical.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 31st, 2011, 8:31 pm
I agree, but I made the drawing after the sources I had. They are that close.

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 31st, 2011, 9:01 pm
For the late-war unbuilt German DD's there are three books I can recommend:

German Destroyers of World War II (2nd edition) by Whitley - Has data and some drawings.

German Warships of the Second World War by Lenton - Also has data and drawings.

German Warships 1815-1945 Vol. 1: Major Surface Vessels by Groner - Has data and the best drawings of the three.

The first two are hard to find but the Groner book should be available. Best of luck and looking forward to more of your work.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 31st, 2011, 9:09 pm
Gollevainen wrote:
Yes. Even this one is increasing in quality tremendously. This is frankly the minimum of what a proper, Shipbucket-deserving AU should be.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 31st, 2011, 9:21 pm
I beg to differ, klagldsf. This is actually a pretty inspiring AU, considering the cool things coming out of Ashley's drawings. In my mind, this is actually one of the best ones I've read up on, considering that there are tons of drawings to look through, examine, and critique.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: May 31st, 2011, 10:23 pm
SrGopher wrote:
I beg to differ, klagldsf. This is actually a pretty inspiring AU, considering the cool things coming out of Ashley's drawings. In my mind, this is actually one of the best ones I've read up on, considering that there are tons of drawings to look through, examine, and critique.
Didn't say it wasn't.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: June 1st, 2011, 1:18 am
Fair enough.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 21 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 119 20 21 22 2390 »

Jump to: