Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 67 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 165 66 67 68 6990 »
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 1:38 pm
Are these submarines AU or never built?

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 1:54 pm
odysseus1980 wrote:
The boats are definitly AU. The Taifun missile was really built but in an early project stage, so a never built. The A7 was a another real missile, too, so a never built, too. The A17 missile is purely fiction, so AU. The G7es 'Geier' (vulture) torpedo was an existing, self aiming (acoustic) weapon, which was able to ignore the Foxer noise maker.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 2:57 pm
Dude...and I thought the IJN's I-400 kicked serious ass...I LOVE this thread!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 7:56 pm
I have to say I can't see the point of any of the Type XXXI designs.
The Walter engine will give it unparalleled underwater performance until nuclear power comes around (Assuming it doesn't blow up. Which it had a tendency to do), but it won't give it better endurance which is what it needs. On top of that the conventionally armed one is going to be of little utility since it's unlikely to hit anything. Even the best navigational equipment available at the time wouldn't give you an accurate enough position to hit anything with with something approaching accuracy. On top of that the missile itself isn't terribly accurate (The V-2 could just about hit London, one of the largest cities in Europe at the time and a sufficiently accurate guidance system wont be around until the mid sixties) which is going to be an issue for the nuclear variant as well, since it won't be able to carry a very large warhead. The piddling range isn't going to help either. The point about boomers is that they can be anywhere. Yours will have to stick very close to its target which makes it much easier to counter.
odysseus1980 wrote:
Repeat after me.
The Nazis never developed a nuke. Research was abandoned sometime halfway through the war.
They may have used a dirty bomb on the eastern front, but evidence is at best anecdotal.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: February 24th, 2012, 1:27 am
The most credible evidence suggests that the head of the Nazi nuclear program, Werner Heisenberg (yes the same man behind the Heisenberg principle) was likely intentionally sabotaging nuclear research efforts. This highly suggests that no Nazi active nuclear program even got to much of a drawing board state in the first place.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 4:28 pm
Hello Ashley,

Ich have long been a fan of this thread and enjoyed your work. I have made some modifications and updates to one of your older designs, the Rostock-class and with your permission, I would like them to post them in this thread. If you would like, I could sent you a link to these pictures and explain my modifications (although I can't use PMs at this moment).

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: March 4th, 2012, 11:02 am
klagldsf wrote:
This highly suggests that no Nazi active nuclear program even got to much of a drawing board state in the first place.
Heisenberg himself stated there was some early success in building up a controlled nuclear fission. But his team was not able to get further because of the political circumstances. A weapon use was not intended by Heisenberg. Others might have had that idea but that's not documented as far as I know.
Finaly there was no nazi-atombomb and was not even planned.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: March 4th, 2012, 11:04 am
DG_Alpha wrote:
Hello Ashley,

Ich have long been a fan of this thread and enjoyed your work. I have made some modifications and updates to one of your older designs, the Rostock-class and with your permission, I would like them to post them in this thread. If you would like, I could sent you a link to these pictures and explain my modifications (although I can't use PMs at this moment).
Thank you. Post your update here and let the community discuss it.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: March 4th, 2012, 1:14 pm
Okay, here they are:

The first one is the old Rostock-version from the archives. The changes include:
-New superstructure from the recently updated Nürnberg
-New side doors taken from the Travemünde-class
-Added details to the LCPVs and landing bays
-The air wing consists of Fa-223 EM "Seedrache" utility/transport helicopters, Fl-282 A3 recon/spotters (both my AU designs) and a standard Ar-196
-Added CoA
-Minor edits and details here and there
[ img ]

Second ship is the Wismar in the 1946 refit:
-Same changes as above
-New 30mm-Flak model
-Air Wing consists of Weserflug VTOLs, Fa-535s and Ar-196 G
-LCPV bays now have doors
-Different CoA
[ img ]

Thir ship is the Stralsund in the 1946 invasion refit:
-Same changes as Wismar
-Invasion camo and splinter guards
-Different CoA
[ img ]

For the name selection I imagined that all ships of this class were named after cities of the Hanseatic League.

*Edit: Re-uploaded with minor corrections and correct templates

Last edited by DG_Alpha on March 25th, 2012, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Psilander
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: March 4th, 2012, 7:02 pm
Has germany turned imperial again - SMS?? Great!

Then should the colors be red-white-blue. Not red with a swaztika....

Worklist
All Royal Swedish Navy units from 1522 to present

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 67 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 165 66 67 68 6990 »

Jump to: