Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 75 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Go to page « 173 74 75 76 7790 »
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: April 12th, 2012, 2:22 pm
Nice cruiser design, but I think there is a new version of the He-60 available.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: April 18th, 2012, 6:06 pm
DG_Alpha wrote:
Nice cruiser design, but I think there is a new version of the He-60 available.
Show me, I'll take it.

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: April 18th, 2012, 9:35 pm
Done by WhyMe in the Planebucket-Thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=47&start=140 (scroll down)

I did a grey recoloured version for my personal projects:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: April 19th, 2012, 4:44 am
gordo8000 wrote:
I'll take your word for it.
The USN's 1938 Cleveland class had 4x3x6" and 6x2x5", in addition to large amounts of light AA. They were the most lightly armed of the 1930's light cruiser designs for the USN.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: BC Kaiser Karl der GroßePosted: April 19th, 2012, 7:29 am
The last german battlecruiser, 'Kaiser Karl der Große' of the Ersatz-Yorcl-class in its 1934 appearance. Now with catapult on turret c and a handling crane. The old 8,8cm aa are replaced by new ones.
'Karl der Große' fought on nationalist side at the spanish civil war. She was granted to Franco for his promise after defeating the republicans he would invade Gibraltar. Franco never held his promise. Gibraltar was attacked in 1946 by a german taskforce.
[ img ]
Thanks to DG_Alpha for his He-60s.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: BC Espana 1939Posted: April 19th, 2012, 8:59 am
The 'Karl der Große' stayed in Spain under german flag until 1939. Then Franco bought her as replacement for the old Espana-class dreadnoughts. After the loss of the second Espana in 1937 the 'Karl der Große' was renamed Espana in 1939 after the purchase.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: April 20th, 2012, 12:57 am
Just FYI, if they had actually been constructed it's not likely they would've been called "Erzatz Yorcl" (which literally means "Replacement Yorcl") class.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ashley
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: April 20th, 2012, 8:10 am
klagldsf wrote:
Just FYI, if they had actually been constructed it's not likely they would've been called "Erzatz Yorcl" (which literally means "Replacement Yorcl") class.
This is true, but until there is an official name for the class it is Ersatz-Yorck-class, as said in any literature.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: April 20th, 2012, 10:26 am
True enough, Ashley - In the real world! However, this is an AU, so the implied inference is that, if built, as they are in your scenario, then they also have been allocated a real class-name. Otherwise it'll appear that your AU does have a credibility gap. Of course, being an AU, it presupposes that the author - you, Ashley, will come up with that true class-name! Why not use your imagination as with so much else here? The easy solution: simply call it the Yorck-class; nothing wrong with that!

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine 1946, second approachPosted: April 20th, 2012, 11:46 am
Well, why catapult over the X Turret when you can place it at the stern? IIRC the Spanish go for the Canarias Class instead of new Dreadnought because of the size of their dock. Therefore, it makes the Spanish purchasing the Kaiser Karl der Große virtually impossible.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 75 of 90  [ 900 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 173 74 75 76 7790 »

Jump to: