Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 31 of 34  [ 331 posts ]  Go to page « 129 30 31 32 33 34 »
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: September 12th, 2011, 6:03 pm
That was the lengthening and heightening of an older hull that did that. It needs some love. It's getting it :)
Thanks for pointing that out.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: September 12th, 2011, 7:19 pm
I thought I would put this out there, see what people think of it.
It has another elevator (forward, port side). Armaments are done, and I know there is a lot of work to do... and I'm working on it, don't worry :)
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: September 13th, 2011, 2:22 pm
Right, here we go. I think it might be done, though I've probably missed a bunch of stuff.
Building in 78 or so, with one doing trials in 1980. Please, tell me what you think:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: September 13th, 2011, 2:26 pm
Few issues, your port elevator meNd you have a very extensive hangar, which only gives you living spaces under the ski ramp. You can operate with just one elevator

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: September 13th, 2011, 2:41 pm
Well, the port elevator is gone then :lol: . That was difficult ;)
Anything else?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: September 13th, 2011, 3:49 pm
it looks a bit undetailed, and I would spread the liferafts more.... and why not put the ski jump on the bow itself (aka kusnetsov style)
that would allow you to make your ship a tad shorter, and IMO it would improve her looks too

also, the freeboard at the elevator is rather low. for an ship this size, I might go for in-deck elevators. I don't know how much spare beam you have, though.

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: September 13th, 2011, 6:04 pm
Did some work on it. Corrected the bow, shifted it back too the ski jump, removed the starboard lift (it's got deck lifts now)
Did some detailing work on the superstructure. I don't want to scatter the life-rafts, and the kusnetsov has them in a similar layout anyway.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: September 13th, 2011, 6:17 pm
looks much better. now only remove or move that MG position cutaway in the hull, that place will be hit by the bow wave. now I only miss some nav lights and deck lights, and maybe some detailing on the hull, and then I would be content with it. ow and the funnel looks a bit small, but I am no expert in russian designs so it might just be me.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: September 13th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Uptake-/funnel-wise, the Soviets/Russians have often preferred to have broader, wider funnels athwardships, i e beam-wise, so I don't think the funnel needs to be too small; since it can be a paired uptake, but at the beams!

[Profile] [Quote]
HMS Sophia
Post subject: Re: Pax Universalis, The AUPosted: September 13th, 2011, 6:29 pm
Okay, say that again, but in english, not English English...
Are you saying I should increase the size of the funnel?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 31 of 34  [ 331 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 129 30 31 32 33 34 »

Jump to: