Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fallout)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:23 pm
This is a design for an Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser. For those who have not played the Fallout series of videogame, the Enclave are the antogonist group in a post apocaliptic world, set around 200 years after a nuclear armageddon. Even so, the setting of the game has a feeling of 1950's culture mixed in with automated power armour, robots, and nuclear powered cars. The Enclave is a militaristic group that is based from the Poseiden oil rig off the coast of California. The head of the Enclave is John Henry Eden. The Enclave is very technologically advanced and has access to resources which allow them to pursue new and powerful designs for weapons. This is a battlecruiser based on the hull of a Russian Kirov class battlecruiser. Other than that, the design is fictional. I'll take any advice for future designs.

Last edited by Herr_Weisredau on August 20th, 2011, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fallout)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:24 pm
You should rename the topic to he Fallout Universe.

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fallout)Posted: August 15th, 2011, 8:28 pm
I might very well end up doing that, since I plan on making an entire Enclave fleet.

[Profile] [Quote]
Get_It
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fallout)Posted: August 16th, 2011, 12:32 am
OMG, look at those UAVs! Did it suddenly get hot in here or is it just me?

Is the UAV based on a game description or specs?

Best regards,

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fallout)Posted: August 16th, 2011, 12:43 am
OUCH... a BIG GIRL for the Fallout universe!
Looks like she's a new-build instead of something that has to be 'thumped a little' to keep it running. I don't know if even the Enclave would have the tech to build something like that new... they were able to build power armor and an few other complex items (Vertibirds, beam weapons) but generally they weren't that far ahead of the curve.

Really nice ship- but I'm not sure where the Enclave would get the resources to build a fleet.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fallout)Posted: August 16th, 2011, 12:48 am
Not sure about the stability

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fallout)Posted: August 16th, 2011, 1:22 am
I have a few ideas now for some lazer weapon systems. Picture an oversized gatling lazer?
I'm not saying that they would have the resources to build a fleet of ships that large from scratch, but it's fun to imagine what it would look like if they did. That's all I'm trying to do.
I think the stability would be okay since you have to deduce that once I increased the length of a Kirov hull, I also widened the beam and to compensate for the size of the vessel, I also enlarged the propulsion system.

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fallout)Posted: August 16th, 2011, 12:32 pm
This would not be possible in the Fallout Universe, as the fallout timeline takes a completely different timeline after world war 2. Based on the facts given about the cold war the level of technology was way lower than as it was in real life (for instance they seem to use MS-DOS styled PC's in 2077), therefore a ship like this would not be possible. But in any case nice idea. However I would go with a ship that was constructed a little bit more around the 1950's.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fallout)Posted: August 16th, 2011, 1:24 pm
They had fusion powered cars in 2077 also.

[Profile] [Quote]
Herr_Weisredau
Post subject: Re: Enclave Eden Class Battlecruiser (Fallout)Posted: August 16th, 2011, 4:53 pm
I'm considering another battleship or battlecruiser design for the fallout universe. However, the basis for this ship will be based on a ship that was built in WWII instead. Im thinking something using an Iowa class, Bismarck class hull or Richelieu class hull. This would make more sense since a lot of the technology in the game is basically thumped pre-war tech. Think of something like Rivet City. A WWII-50's era Aircraft Carrier turned floating city. Instead of being a city or dwelling it would be something that is retrofitted with lazer and nuclear weapons capability.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: