Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Ashley
Post subject: Re: DNS Kain (Dominion of Deseret AU)Posted: September 20th, 2011, 7:18 am
Tanthalas wrote:
@Ashley What Rigging would you sudjest adding? I atempted to draw in the sails (you realy dont want to see that disaster trust me) as to details if anyone has a better picture of Lazarev im more than willing to add them.
Please friend, 5 minutes of google gave so much pictures, what more sources do you need? Do the wires and ropes in a light grey, compare it with the pictures.
You want better pictures? All the available pics where take in the late 19th century. There are no better pictures. Do not trust drawings from other artists. Most contain slight up to horrendous errors. Only real pictures are valuable sources.
ps: (omniscience mode on) your Kain may be inspired by Lazarev, but it is none. Comparing the photos I found so many details difering, beginning with the complete hull, the funnel, vents and masts are slightly tilted backwards, etc, etc etc. Sorry Tanthalas, please do the details right.
However, one of the best starts, even better than my own crappy ones.

Last edited by Ashley on September 20th, 2011, 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: DNS Kain (Dominion of Deseret AU)Posted: September 20th, 2011, 7:24 am
here are some sail-ships... feel free to use.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: