And here is more from the USP's Fleet:
The Revenue Cutter Service was directly based off of the task of the United States of America's original Coast Guard, the Revenue Cutter Service. It was formed as a coastal patrol service, and their role was harbor patrol and intercepting suspicious craft. It was a subdivision of the Green Water Flotilla, which itself was designed as the defensive and submarine force of the Pacifican Navy. The Cutter Service was essentially the operational equivalent of the United States' new Coast Guard, which was formed soon after the Pacifican Revenue Cutter Service. The Cutter fleet was comprised of old, but fast ex-frontline combatants. USP shipbuilding was at its infancy during the days after WWI, in which the Royal Navy was selling and scrapping many of its smaller vessels. This lead to the acquisition of 16 of the Town class, or the ex-River/E-Class destroyers. Being as old as they were, they were refitted with a new propulsion system, along with a redesigned rudder, screws, and two trunked funnels. The armament remained unchanged during their service life (save for the torpedoes, which were removed immediately), until 1937, when the ship received a fully enclosed bridge, modifications to reduce wetness, as well as a 20mm cannon, a 40mm cannon, and a single USP-designed 3"/50. 2 .50 caliber HMGs and 4 .30 HMGs were stored in lockers for mounting at various points on the ship, as were enough small arms and ammo for a detachment of 10 Pacifican Marines that are stationed on the ship. Through the war, the elderly ships continued to form the backbone of the Revenue Cutter Service, even though they were overshadowed by newer vessels.