Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: November 29th, 2011, 4:32 pm
That some large carrier, I think conventional power will still be fine for ship this size. Larger ships world seriously require nuclear power and I don't think an Aircraft Carrier requires SAMPSON MFR and SMART-L/S1850L for self defense. Ditch the SAMPSON and just keep SMART-L/S1850L would be a much cheaper option.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: November 29th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Definitely not too large for conventional power. It's smaller than the CVF. Bear in mind I've onlt got one nuclear powered carrier in my AU and that really does need it being as big as it is. I think maybe the air group might be a bit optimistic. I also agree with ditching SAMPSON. You're not going to have anything too needy on there to guide, I'm guessing you're going with ASTER for the missiles?

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: December 12th, 2011, 10:18 am
I have drastically redesigned my carrier, opinions?

Please comment as I need design tips :)

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: December 12th, 2011, 11:26 pm
Please comment on the design, as when I finish that I will move on to details :)

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: December 13th, 2011, 12:07 am
The rudder seemed too small compared to your ship, and there is also slightly different colors near the edges of the two aircraft elevators.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rusel
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: December 13th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Hi swin_lad
you probably need to add a bulbous forefoot to give her greater efficiency.

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: January 1st, 2012, 4:41 pm
Front post updated!!!

AND I MEAN BIG TIME :)!!!

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: May 15th, 2012, 12:47 pm
Below is the Malpusian Type 19 Corvette. Design work began jointly between Vosper Thornycroft and Swindon Shipbuilding in 1981 for a vessel that could cover low intensity roles held at the time by frigates not in major task groups. After the 1982 Falklands War VT pulled out of the project as a design partner but became a risk sharing partner of 30%. Later during the design process the RN issued a RFP for a new corvette for the guardship role and they selected the Malpusian Type 19. The RMN ordered 12 off the drawing board including 5 with larger flight decks. They were armed with the Oto 76mm, Sea Guard (Sea Rapier) and a new Sea Skua SSM variant. The UK ordered 6 with Sea Wolf over Sea Guard and with no Sea Skua. The British vessels however were equipped with a shortened flight deck (only Lynx Capable)to allow the fitting of Harpoon aft. After building the Malpusian Navy added advanced systems to the five with larger flight decks and they became Special Forces vessels. From 1991 all vessels both RN and RMN were refitted with Phalanx and Smart L. In 1999 the RMN decided that a ten year program for the fitting of 57mm guns would go ahead and will be finished by later 2012. The older ships will soon be refurblished and fitted with Artisan radar whilst the British vessels will be retired.

[ img ]

Comments please

EDIT: The Lynx is on deck due to haul down system and this is a SpecOps Vessel - One Lynx carried with space for one more to land

@ashwellkennedy

Last edited by swin_lad on July 26th, 2012, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: July 26th, 2012, 4:12 pm
I present to you the Swindon Class Batch I CG......

[ img ]

In the Year 2001 the Malpusian Navy received bids for a new cruiser to replace the British designed Type 142 (in fact an enlarged Type 42 which was already operated by the RMN). The winning bidder was a team from the Malpusian Maritime Design Bureau and an unnamed contractor from Atlantia (Which produced the design for the basic ship). When the first of Class entered service in 2010 it was the most advanced CG in the world. Although only in service for 2 years and 5 more expected a second batch is currently in development, with an ISD of September 2016.

Weapons:
MW Guardian Missiles - ABM, SAM, Land Attack and ASuW Variants
MW Gunnr SRSAMs - Licence Produced by MAe
1 BAe 155mm gun
1 Sea Guard Missile CIWS
2 Goalkeeper CIWS
NSM - (Shown with but fitted for not with)

Systems:
Sampson Air Tracking Radar
S1850M 3D Radar
Multiple Smaller Systems

Aviation:
2 SH-61C Lynx/2 SH-60MB (Seahawk and Battlehawk Hybrid) or 1 SH-71 Merlin

COMMENTS PLEASE????

@ashwellkennedy

Last edited by swin_lad on July 26th, 2012, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: July 26th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Nice looks good but if I'm not mistaken you left the small VLSs at the end of the landing pad without having included any missiles for them

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 6  [ 58 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: