Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 6  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: July 26th, 2012, 4:35 pm
I'm not sure what the Sea Guard is there for. Judging from the line-up above the VLS you've already got plenty of missiles in that capability range.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: July 26th, 2012, 4:37 pm
It's mainly an interim solution until a new join Gun/Missile CIWS becomes avaliable...

Also, year my mistake about the missiles, will update within 5 mins :P

Nick

EDIT: Done

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: July 26th, 2012, 5:34 pm
There are 112 cells (IIRC in the original design). Goalkeeper wont fit over the hangar I'm afraid, unless you don't actually plan on hangaring your helicopter. You could put anything up to a 76mm either side of the hangar where you currently don't have anything or you could take the hangar layout from the group 3 which is a wider affair and flush with the hull ( you could mount a single goalkeeper aft then and still ship helos). Also there are couple of areas that used to have small calibre things (MGs and the like) that you've removed the weapons from but kept the mounting points for :D (ditto rigging or lack of and the ESM aerials). My final note is that there are some colour mismatches it appears on there not sure if they actually are but some areas look off.

Overall I like your take on the design, it just needs a few tweaks.

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: July 26th, 2012, 5:47 pm
Mark,
What I actually did was take your export hull as it made my job a lot easier to mount what I wanted. I wanted comments and I got them so am going to get to work changing the design a bit to fit everything correctly :)

Nick

EDIT: Can someone please explain the locations of the colour mismatches???

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: July 28th, 2012, 10:49 am
Below are the aircraft of the Malpusian Naval Aerial Combat Corps:

[ img ]

1 - The F/A-21A Fury - The Fury is the Malpusian Equivalent of the EuroFighter Typhoon. Armed with the latest in advanced weapons it is a multi-role aircraft but since the introduction of the F/A-26 Huldra (see below) has mainly been used in the Air-to-Ground role although it is a better dog fighter than the F/A-26 (Like F-16/F-15 differences). The aircraft replaced the F/A-18 in MNACC units.

2 - The F/A-26B Huldra - The Huldra is like a modern F-14D. Armed with Meteor-D LRAAM's it replaced the F-14MN in the MNACC. The aircraft's primary role is protection of the Carrier Battle Group but is also very capable in the precision attack role and SEAD taskings. Due to the aircrafts success in the SEAD role a dedicated variant, the EF-26A is being developed to furfil this role. Licence production began in 2007.

3 - The F/A-52B is an ASTOVL aircraft that operates from the decks of the Malpusian LPH's. Due to the impending retirement of the F-21B Sea Harriers a replacement was sort. Originally Malpus was to buy F-35B but this fell through so licence production of the McMillan Pr.1310 Firebrand. The airframe was matted to the radar of the F/A-21 and produced a brilliant ASTOVL aircraft.

@ashwellkennedy

Last edited by swin_lad on January 29th, 2013, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: September 6th, 2012, 9:54 am
I present the Helo's of the Malpusian Army :) :

[ img ]

1 - MH-60M FightHawk - Designed to turn the Blackhawk into a truely multirole helicopter the MMOD ordered a large batch for all 3 services for CSAR, Shipbourne Roles and Battlefield Support. Equipped with a 20mm cannon and a ESSS it is capable of being configured for the different services. In the Army role it is used like a Hind, dropping in troops and then providing air support

2 - CH-71 Kestrel - A variant of the EH101 Merlin the CH-71 is equipped for tactical medium lift missions. Capable to drop a large number of troops into the area of operations they are fully marinised for use at sea alongside the navy.

3 - CH-53 Stallion - Built to the standard USMC specifications but with Malpusian Counter Measures suite. Also able to carry pallatised ECM and ECCM suite

4 - AH-1M - Basically a AH-1Z licence produced and armed with Malpusian standard weapons, awaiting Brimstone intergration and will be intergrated with Spear 3

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: September 7th, 2012, 8:41 am
Below are the parts I am mainly using in ships from about '95 - onwards

[ img ]

1 - Guardian SAM
- Blue - 150nm Range SAM
- Red - 200nm Range ABM

2 - Sea Guard SAM
- Laser Guided Rapier Derivative for use with Missile CIWS

3 - ASLRM - Anti-Submarine Long Range Missile
- ASROC Type Missile (VL)

4 - Sea Skua SSM
- Sea Skua ASuW Missile Adapted for firing from Penguin Launcher

5 - Sea Stregal SSM
- Modified Sea Eagle Missile for use from VLS or Box Launcher

6 - MRCAMM - Multi-Role Common Anti-Air Modular Missile
- Malpusian missile designed to be fired from Quad Packed VLS Cell or RAM Type Launcher, Can target Small Vessels

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
swin_lad
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: September 11th, 2012, 1:26 pm
[ img ]

Upon the Swindon Class CG reaching sea trials a new variant was ordered as the CG(S)-X Program. It retained the overall shape of the Swindon Class but has a plug forward for another half VLS and has the whole aft above water section redesigned. It's current role consists of supporting amphibious landings that the Malpusian Army are conducting. For this role it has more VLS Cells to support two types of Land Attack missile and also a new Flight Deck/Hanger. The enlarged flight deck is stressed up to CH-53 Size and the hanger is dual role. It can be used as a standard hanger with containerized C3 in the forward end OR can support 2 CH-71 or 3 S/MH-60 Helos.

Weapons:
MW Guardian Missiles - ABM and SAM Variants
MW MRCAMM
MW VL-SSLAM
MW VL-LRCM
1 BAe 155mm gun
2 Goalkeeper CIWS

Systems:
Sampson Air Tracking Radar
S1850M 3D Radar
Multiple Smaller Systems

Aviation:
2 SH-61C Lynx/2 S/MH-60MB (Seahawk and Battlehawk Hybrid) or 1 CH-71 Merlin

OR

2 CH-71 or 3 S/MH-60

COMMENTS PLEASE????

@ashwellkennedy

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: September 11th, 2012, 4:59 pm
do I really see Mk 48 VLS with cruise missiles in them? :O

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of Malpusian StatesPosted: September 11th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Not likely, can't remember specifics but the original drawing had the earlier version of my VLS which was broadly similar to Mk41 except for cell diameters and the lengths that they came in...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 6  [ 58 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: