Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re:Posted: December 12th, 2011, 2:10 pm
No, bcause you would still miss the search range for that. Directors or active missiles solve the guidance problem, but the seamaster just hasn't got the range to use the SM-2 effectively

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: The Republic of San AndreasPosted: December 13th, 2011, 12:04 am
That means ESSM/RIM-7 is the only option left for air defense. I plan to put 16 VL-ASROC and 64 ESSM, would 16 VL-ASROC be overkill in the current situation?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The Republic of San AndreasPosted: December 13th, 2011, 7:59 am
well, you choose the weapons AND the radar system for the mission you want it it do. you do not decide 'I want an I-mast' and then start building a ship around it! keep that in mind next time.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: The Republic of San AndreasPosted: December 13th, 2011, 8:06 am
Clonecommander6454 wrote:
That means ESSM/RIM-7 is the only option left for air defense.
ESSM is actually a very good missile with a pretty good kill-probability.

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: The Republic of San AndreasPosted: December 16th, 2011, 1:45 pm
It took me long enough...... and here is my new I-Mast frigate!
[ img ]

Air Search and weapon Director:
I-Mast 500
1 Surface Search Radar

Weapons:
32 Cell Mk.41 VLS. Supporting ESSM and VL-ASROC
16 Cell San Andreas made Subsonic and Supersonic SSM which fits in the same launcher
1 RAM launcher
2 40mm Gun
1 S-70/SH-60 class helicopter

Sonar:
SQQ-1 Sonar and SQR-1 Towed Sonar made in San Andreas

More details coming soon~ I am busy for these few days :)

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The Republic of San AndreasPosted: December 16th, 2011, 2:10 pm
weapons and sensor fit looks ok now, only the sonar looks a bit weird and the SLQ ECM can be removed as there is an ECM system in the I-mast 500. you might want to use the fire control unit for the I-mast I have on the dutch parts sheet instead of the satcom on top for additional guidance channels.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Republic of San AndreasPosted: December 16th, 2011, 2:20 pm
The ASW tubes could reasonably be move further forward and under cover of the superstructure. I'm not overly joyful about having a 127mm on there. Personally I think a 76mm SR would fit better.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The Republic of San AndreasPosted: December 16th, 2011, 2:26 pm
and I second blackbuck, indeed, an 76 might fit better. maybe an stealth cupola would be better as well, but this adds to cost, so for you to decide. also, please check the funnel, rhib bay and ASM's: right now your funnel possibly penetrates the RHIB bay and the ASM's seem both to be pointed the same way.

overall good work though, although I hate the obviously french influence on the design, you did an good job fitting the I-mast in the basic layout.

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: The Republic of San AndreasPosted: December 16th, 2011, 2:37 pm
A few questions and some answers to questions:
How do the fire control unit of I-Mast look like? I am not sure about that.
The SSM is fitted like the Nansen Class so I think that can still work.
The Oto 127mm is added to enhance the ability for shore bombardment and I plan to somehow stretch the hull and the length would be close to the Takanami.
Sonar would be fix shortly.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The Republic of San AndreasPosted: December 16th, 2011, 2:41 pm
FCU: the 2 lowest ones at the right column on V 1.3(current version) of the dutch parts sheet, found here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1307. one of them should be placed on top of the IFF unit, instead of the large satcom. (you can choose which one)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 47 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: