Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 513 »
Rhade
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: December 11th, 2011, 9:15 am
I will kill you in so many ways ... resurect you and kill again and again, and again ...

PINK Poland !!! :shock: :o :twisted: :D

[Profile] [Quote]
WhyMe
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: December 11th, 2011, 9:33 am
Rhade wrote:
Well, Polish flag is red and white which makes pink if mixed so it kinda fits.
Just kidding :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: December 11th, 2011, 10:58 am
Rhade wrote:
I will kill you in so many ways ... resurect you and kill again and again, and again ...

It doesn't fit you taste? To bad! :D :D
I found the map online(don't remember where), and as Poland was already pink... yeah.
On the other hand, I think Estonia is in a worse position than Poland if we go by colour... :lol:

Leaving that subject, here is a link for the first ship to be designed(I will post it here when it has been "approved" to relative shipbucket standard)for this AU!
http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2303

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: December 11th, 2011, 11:19 am
I'll like yellow.. whatever it's in this one. However, it seems that Gotrige might need a reliable ally in its north-west parts of the empire against naughty eastern armies.
And I cant't wait for a war where this yellow country conquers those northern (or north-west) parts of Norway to become a real naval power in Arctic sea. Perhaps with assistance of Gotrige? Long live the mighty Empire of Gotrige; hurra, hurra, hurra! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: December 11th, 2011, 11:50 am
sebu wrote:
I'll like yellow.. whatever it's in this one. However, it seems that Gotrige might need a reliable ally in its north-west parts of the empire against naughty eastern armies.
And I cant't wait for a war where this yellow country conquers those northern (or north-west) parts of Norway to become a real naval power in Arctic sea. Perhaps with assistance of Gotrige? Long live the mighty Empire of Gotrige; hurra, hurra, hurra! :D
Hmm... good idea... I'll be seing if I can rewrite history a bit more.

[Profile] [Quote]
SrGopher
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: December 11th, 2011, 12:43 pm
Is Singapore included in the territory? Because then you would see a sizable Pacific fleet to protect the Gibraltar of the Pacific and the land around it.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: December 11th, 2011, 2:03 pm
SrGopher wrote:
Is Singapore included in the territory? Because then you would see a sizable Pacific fleet to protect the Gibraltar of the Pacific and the land around it.
About how sizable would you say? I plan on making it a fairly big navy anyways, but a recommended number would be nice if that's the case...
The navy that I've planned (as a whole) for 1935-ish will contain about:
6-12 Super Dreadnought battleships,
2 or 3 Super Dreadnought battlecruisers,
maybe a few renovated dreadnoughts for relatively coastal duties(for example defending Singapore),
between 20 and 35 cruisers of different sizes,
an as of yet undecided number of destroyers and other smaller vessels,
Probably 2 or 3 carriers, though they will take some time for me to make.
A large part of the concept for the WW2-era navy will be that of the treaty-japanese(as far as that goes): A lot of big cruisers and destroyers with a heck of a number in torpedo broadside, supported by a relatively small battlefleet.
I will be working on a pre WW1 navy plan as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: March 30th, 2012, 6:37 pm
While not an update on Gotrige, this is an update of the universe. The map features mostly changes on the nation of Erikrike. I know it looks pretty big on the world map, but that's just becouse of the 'rounded' and then 'flattened out' nature of the map.
This is a bit of an introduction to the northern neighboring country of Erikrike. I figured I wanted a smaller nation to play with, so I can do something more than just spam uber-dreadnoughts.
So, here we go:
After the crushing defeat at the Battle of Lena, the forces of Erik and Folkung fled north, were they would settle down north of Mälaren, and eventually spread out.
Gotrige would never really do anything about their northern neighbor, as it would remain little more than a gruop of warring fiefdoms, never posing a real threat.
In the late 15th century however, a man supposedly the bastard descendant of Erik Jedvardson(St. Erik)would manage to unite the fiefdoms in an uneasy alliance. It would take another 150 years before it had been forged into one single nation.
Becouse of understandable reasons, they would never try to pester their southern heir-nemesis, which was just spreading it's wings.
Instead they would go northwards, and later east. A few brilliant kings and generals had soon managed to expand the nations border.
By the 18th century, Erikrike was a relatively strong state, which would now have close contact, and somewhat of a younger sibbling relation to Gotrige. The latter would also often give aid in shipbuilding and the like.

I should perhaps have made an own thread, but this is still the same "universe", so yeah. That's my reasoning. So strike me.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: March 31st, 2012, 2:44 pm
Hmm I wonder how my AU would fit into this world... it's territory is currently 'free' after all on this map. Just a thought.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: AU Empire of GotrigePosted: March 31st, 2012, 2:59 pm
denodon wrote:
Hmm I wonder how my AU would fit into this world... it's territory is currently 'free' after all on this map. Just a thought.
Well, if you want any interactions, feel free to PM me and we can talk about it. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 13  [ 122 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 513 »

Jump to: