Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
Zagor01
Post subject: New Croatian Republic NavyPosted: December 26th, 2011, 1:30 pm
Naval units from Republic of Croatia. 2012 - (i will add history,timeline later after i finish that part)

First of the new ships for new navy is Knin class light corvette.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: New Croatian Republic NavyPosted: December 26th, 2011, 3:09 pm
Welcome aboard Zagor01! I'm not much of an expert in modern ships, so I can't really say anything about the design. One thing though is that you are using the wrong template, you can find the correct ones here: http://shipbucket.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1243
If you want to add specs like what you have now, you can include those in the post, or use a B-side, found here: http://shipbucket.com/images.php?dir=Pa ... 20Side.png, just be sure to add the"www.shipbucket.com" watermark to the bottom right corner.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: New Croatian Republic NavyPosted: December 26th, 2011, 3:54 pm
please use the latest drawing of the oto melara 76 gun, which can be found in the parts sheet discussion subforum or on newer drawings.
the displacement seems a bit low, might even be twice that much. having ASROC on that VLS will most likely not fit, and you lack some air defence, having only CIWS (and quite a lot of it, on such an small hull)
I am wondering if diesels will get you up to 43 knots, but I know with diesels that fit such an small funnel you won't for sure. you might want to use gas turbines, but you have to accept an shorter range then.

other then that, quite an interesting design that needs some fixes but looks more or less ok overall. with some fixes and detailing, and an touch-up of the concept, I will see this as quite an interesting contribution.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zagor01
Post subject: Re: New Croatian Republic NavyPosted: December 26th, 2011, 4:07 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
please use the latest drawing of the oto melara 76 gun, which can be found in the parts sheet discussion subforum or on newer drawings.
the displacement seems a bit low, might even be twice that much. having ASROC on that VLS will most likely not fit, and you lack some air defence, having only CIWS (and quite a lot of it, on such an small hull)
I am wondering if diesels will get you up to 43 knots, but I know with diesels that fit such an small funnel you won't for sure. you might want to use gas turbines, but you have to accept an shorter range then.

other then that, quite an interesting design that needs some fixes but looks more or less ok overall. with some fixes and detailing, and an touch-up of the concept, I will see this as quite an interesting contribution.
well, i am still a noob in ship designs, and drawing, i can make a battlestar but not naval ships:)
About CIWS, King class of croatian navy have Ak-630 if i am correct and ship is only some 54m long. So i think that one CIWS was more then enough to protect ship of 75m. I added those missiles (ASROC), to increase firepower of it. Didnt want to add RBS since it is not missile boat.

Yeah i must work more , this is only a beginning,

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: New Croatian Republic NavyPosted: December 26th, 2011, 4:10 pm
well keep in mind that the 76mm gun is an CIWS as well. the original concept had only the 76 and the larger version an goalkeeper as well, IIRC.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: New Croatian Republic NavyPosted: December 26th, 2011, 5:10 pm
take a look at the Norwegian skjold class coastal corvette. to see what they have done one a smaller hull.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: New Croatian Republic NavyPosted: December 26th, 2011, 6:42 pm
A few thing in addition to remarks given by other members: why Asroc? Most western navies are retiring this system fast now. Also I calculated the ship's displacement at closer to 1,100 tons. Finally you state that you've got three shafts, when in fact you have water pump jet propulsion. Also I think the stated SHP is way too high! Remember that most modern frigates and destroyers with six times or more displacement can do with between 45,000 to 60,000 ISHP! A number closer to 7,000 - 11,000 ISHP would be more than enough!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: New Croatian Republic NavyPosted: December 26th, 2011, 6:55 pm
And Oslo class frigate had around 20 000 hp for it's 25 knots (28 when it was new)

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: New Croatian Republic NavyPosted: December 26th, 2011, 7:44 pm
Could you show somewhere the battlestars?

[Quote]
Zagor01
Post subject: Re: New Croatian Republic NavyPosted: December 26th, 2011, 7:53 pm
ALVAMA wrote:
Could you show somewhere the battlestars?
yes you can find many SF dsigns on wolfshipyards

http://www.phpbbplanet.com/shipyard/ind ... m=shipyard

and my stuff on
http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m540/zagoreni/

as i said before i do not know much about naval ships, at least not drawing them, or add thier technical stuff.. i thing i will post next drawing without it:)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: