Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Satirius
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 25th, 2012, 1:51 am
what kind of carrier needs a conning tower that high

I feel sorry for you, I agree you must have such terrible life, and no girl give you attention, The boys leaved because they were not having a safe feeling when beeing with you. Police never found you. Docters did suidice, because they where impressed you was not killed by birth :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 25th, 2012, 1:53 am
brings a new meaning to over the horizon

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 25th, 2012, 2:51 am
Interesting look, but not feasible...she'd be more off-balance than the IJN's Fuso (I still don't know how that ship didn't capsize during a high-speed turn).

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 25th, 2012, 2:58 am
Using a lot of willpower and wishful thinking I believe

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 25th, 2012, 10:13 am
That is exactly what happened to the old Hermes with that gigantic 36m(?) tall superstructure. That is one of the cause that Hermes' recovery ability is weaker than other CV of the same period. Hermes have that superstructure because of the 5.5" Mk.1 but I see no gun bigger than SK C/33 which makes the rear superstructure redundant and that also affect landing.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 25th, 2012, 3:43 pm
Yes, move all the storage space to one side...then she takes a torpedo to one side and the whole thing is rendered null and void.

-Matt

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 25th, 2012, 5:39 pm
Batschkus wrote:
I guess i'll work if u balance the ship wisely. For example move all heavy storage, fuel storage to right side, ammo storage, water purification with storage to one side to counter the effects of heeling.
Fuel and stores are expendable, and eventually ran out, than what will balance your ship?
All the above advise seems to focus on one inherent flow of all of your designs, and that is you move everything back, towards the stern.
Admittedly it give your ships a special and original look to them, which have nothing to do with German designs, but it your Au.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 25th, 2012, 8:07 pm
It is sometimes instructive to flip a drawing left-to-right and see if it suddenly looks dramatically out of balance.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 27th, 2012, 12:38 am
Nice sub!

-Matt

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Starting my new German alternate NavyPosted: February 28th, 2012, 11:02 pm
The Niobe was a hasty conversion of a Dutch predred, I don't see why you would need to stretch the hull when it would be cheaper to build a new one.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 6  [ 54 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: