Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 8  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8
kerkie
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: June 1st, 2012, 1:21 am
Nope. Well, not to my knowledge anyway. I could be wrong. But most of the pictures I saw says otherwise.

Stercus accidit! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
kerkie
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: June 1st, 2012, 11:01 am
bezobrazov wrote:
One nitpick: to my knowledge, only vessels equipped with a SAM-system of sorts can use the "g" in the designation, thus "FF-15" and not "FFG-15".
Oops. :lol: Thanks for pointing that out.

Now, I am on the process of finding a suitable SAM system for the del Pilar; Mk 49 GML or SeaRAM, any suggestions? :oops:

[Profile] [Quote]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: June 1st, 2012, 11:08 am
Well, you can always choose Stinger for SAM ;) I think SeaRAM is better IMO

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: June 1st, 2012, 11:11 am
neither stinger nor RAM count as true SAM systems. you will need something compared to standard missile at least, or (on the border) maybe ESSM.
in other words, no way you can make that an FFG.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: June 1st, 2012, 11:26 am
I agree with ace here. As a few examples will show how the designation works: Before their TRUMP, the RCNs Tribal-class was classified as DDHs; afterwards, with aStandard-system installed , their designation changed to DDG. The Town-class frigates, although they're equipped with the ESSM, are still FFHs. Similarly, the German Brandenburg-class is a FF, but the Sachsen-class, on an identical hull, is an FFG, because of her Standard system.

[Profile] [Quote]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: June 1st, 2012, 1:15 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
I agree with ace here. As a few examples will show how the designation works: Before their TRUMP, the RCNs Tribal-class was classified as DDHs; afterwards, with aStandard-system installed , their designation changed to DDG. The Town-class frigates, although they're equipped with the ESSM, are still FFHs. Similarly, the German Brandenburg-class is a FF, but the Sachsen-class, on an identical hull, is an FFG, because of her Standard system.
I do believe that some ships esspecially a few of the soviet types that weren't/ain't fitted with a Medium-Long range Sam system in the SM-1/2 Class or of Russian/Soviet, Chinese n European equivalents were still classified as FFG, CG, or DDGs because the ships primary weapons were purely missiles esspecially long range anti-ship missiles, the only SAMS fitted onboard were short range Point defence SAMs in the Seasparrow/Osa-MA (Gecko) Class in addition the ship wasn't fitted with a primary large/medium calibre Gun at all.

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

Last edited by squizzy on June 2nd, 2012, 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: June 1st, 2012, 6:11 pm
I've seen that, but the Philippines would use a Western, NATO-influenced classification system, being a close ally to the United States, Australia and New Zealand. The Soviet union and, subsequently the Russian Federation had/have their own system.

[Profile] [Quote]
kerkie
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 2:41 am
Too bad. Anyway, thanks. :D

Changed the designation from FFG to FF. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: AU PhilippinesPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 8:39 am
bezobrazov wrote:
I've seen that, but the Philippines would use a Western, NATO-influenced classification system, being a close ally to the United States, Australia and New Zealand. The Soviet union and, subsequently the Russian Federation had/have their own system.
I was having a check on the Philippines Navy website and it looks like they've created their own type of designation system altogether for their naval Fleet. The best 2 examples is they've classified their Gregorio del Pilar Class (ex Hamilton Class WLEC) as Patrol Frigates with the prefix PF and the Jacinto Class (ex- R.N Peacock Class Coastal patrol vessels) as Patrol Corvettes (Prefix- PC) and both PF & PC designation is usually reserved for the much smaller Patrol Craft or Patrol Boats in the USN/NATO Naval designation system.

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 8  [ 79 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8

Jump to: