Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Erikrike Post-war combatants.Posted: June 4th, 2012, 12:24 am
I really like them
Any plans for doing the refits

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Erikrike Post-war combatants.Posted: June 4th, 2012, 8:02 am
Yeah, I'll get around to do it soon enough. I'm currently working a bit on the layouts of said refits. First to the chopping block will probably be Leionet and Sigurd.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Erikrike Post-war combatants.Posted: June 12th, 2012, 6:08 pm
The Leionet has been given her mid-60's modernation drawing! Hooray!
Main updates include the aft 57mm turret being replaced by a Seacat SAM system, a double RB08 SSM launch ramp on the aft TT mount, new radar systems, and the command bridge recieving a proper gas-tight over-build for NBC warfare.
Hope you like it! :D
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Erikrike Post-war combatants.Posted: June 12th, 2012, 6:16 pm
I like. Not least, a hull that can comfortably accomodate the load you've imposed. It looks the business :)

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: Erikrike Post-war combatants.Posted: June 12th, 2012, 7:04 pm
I like the fact you kept one set of TT's; that and the SSM launcher make this quite a creditable threat against other surface ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Erikrike Post-war combatants.Posted: June 12th, 2012, 7:57 pm
only wondering if you couldn't use the newer WM egg drawing, and maybe an better looking main search radar. other then that, it looks good to me... although you have to take in account that you'll use quite an beamy hull with that draft and length.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Erikrike Post-war combatants.Posted: June 12th, 2012, 8:59 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
I like. Not least, a hull that can comfortably accomodate the load you've imposed. It looks the business :)
Thanks. :) It was made to have ample room in case of large modernisations/modification. You're partly right. It IS the business! ;)
eltf177 wrote:
I like the fact you kept one set of TT's; that and the SSM launcher make this quite a creditable threat against other surface ships.
Thanks, and actually, both sets are there. Ten torps, plus an assumed two missiles per assumed battle. :)
acelanceloet wrote:
only wondering if you couldn't use the newer WM egg drawing, and maybe an better looking main search radar. other then that, it looks good to me... although you have to take in account that you'll use quite an beamy hull with that draft and length.
Um, what's the differance, and where can I find it? For the main search radar, any suggestions? Preferably the same angle though(for aestetics). I't about 14 meters wide, sufficient?

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Erikrike Post-war combatants.Posted: June 12th, 2012, 9:27 pm
new WM: look at the dutch parts sheet
search radar... depends on nation and era. the LW-02 seems possible, on a quick glance, it even seems you have used an old drawing of it on your ship....

beam: your ship is longer then an tromp class frigate, which has an beam of 14,8 meters. the depth seems similar, but the superstructure is smaller.
an lenght/beam ratio of 11/1 is kind of big though.... I would go for 9/1 or 10/1.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Erikrike Post-war combatants.Posted: June 12th, 2012, 10:09 pm
Heh, I blame the official parts sheets! ;) :lol: Anyways, it's been updated, according to advice, and I've tinkered a bit with the SS file, so the beam is now 15,4 m instead. Works just as fine.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6

Jump to: