Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 »
Zagor05
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 4:51 pm
TimothyC wrote:
Why the heck is my name on that drawing?
because i use phalanx CIWS from i believe your chart, if its not yours, then i apologize and i give credit to who ever made them,

eswube, well i will change the numbers, after all its AU, same problems are in Croatia, however government and naval command is to stubborn to simply take idea of dismantling navy, with over seven hundred years of proud naval history i doubt seriously that Croatia will lost its navy, however fleet we have now is not enough, yea its small, manuverable and deadly(RBS-15) those missiles can sink anything, however fleet is obsolete, Croatia for years wants to participate on open sea exercises and other kind of missions but was unable to do so, i doubt any of missile boat in service would be strong enough to cross pacific or atlantic ocean, and there is no enough supply room on them.

2-4 Frigates or 6 corvettes would be excellent choice for Croatian navy, or package of one destroyer and three frigates, we have personal, but we dont have funds for it, and even if there is, Croatia have four or six shipyards capable to build destroyer size ship, Adria Mar one of design bureau have models for new patrol ships, corvettes and even small frigates, however they are more then capable to design even a destroyer,

hypothetically i never believed that Croatia, even if have funds would buy a destroyer like Arleigh burke, it is possible that US Congress would allow it, since Croatia is ally, but those ships are simply to expensive,

This would be the best composition of ships, : 1 command ship, 2-3 frigates or 4-6 corvettes, four new missile boats, and around six to eight patrol ships,

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 4:56 pm
Equipments, radars and guns from the parts sheet thread does not need to be credited.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 5:01 pm
Zagor05 wrote:
eswube, well i will change the numbers, after all its AU, same problems are in Croatia, however government and naval command is to stubborn to simply take idea of dismantling navy, with over seven hundred years of proud naval history i doubt seriously that Croatia will lost its navy,
I would write under this with my name couple of years ago is someone tell that about Polish navy. But now ... well lad, if nothing will change in 10-15 years we will have no navy. :(
Zagor05 wrote:
2-4 Frigates or 6 corvettes would be excellent choice for Croatian navy
I will ask simple question ... why ?

Why, Croatia need such strong fleet ?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 5:09 pm
700 years of proud history? Being a historian, that statement baffles me! I know there were numerous Croatian sailors, including officers, in the KuK; that is the Austro-Hungarian navy. I also know that Dubrovnik (Ragusa) did possess a sizable fleet in the 15-16th centuries, even contributing with six carracks to the Spanish Armada, in 1588. But these were not Croatian navies, far from it. Ragusa, for instance, was a dependency of Venice. Please explain your rather unique history view, if you don't mind!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 5:12 pm
I'd say that for a country with relatively long coastline like Croatia 6 corvettes are quite reasonable fleet, although under condition that by "corvette" we understand something rather Visby-size than Gawron-size (which is essentially a small frigate after all). And that the fleet isn't going to have too much other combat ships (I've read that Croatian Navy is planning to buy 4-5 large patrol craft?).

Bezobrazov - I'm not baffled. In this part of Europe it's often not about "navy of the state of X" but rather about "navy of the people/nationality of X".

[Profile] [Quote]
Zagor05
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 5:58 pm
Croatia is naval country, it have long sea, and definitly it had naval history, i would not say that in all 700+ years it had a military navy, but it have some kind of , only two real military navy was in time of King Tomislav and today, but even in time of when it was part of hungary it has its sailors in hungary navy, there is also a republic of dubrovnik, that maintain small trading fleet, and even smaller military fleet, but it was mostly trading, Croats are always been connected with the sea, and even as they maybe didnt have strong military presence, or to better say any kind of it they were always has ships on adriatic, military, trading, or pirate ones,

there was always some kind of presence, not like british navy that is over 500 years old,

to answer Rhade's question, why, simply answer why not, dutch have smaller cost, but but they have stronger navy, romania have smaller coast and again it have stronger navy, i believe that four frigates in lenght between 95 to 130m would be more then enough, for open seas exercises, anti piracy missions, or simply to participate in everything that all other naval NATO countries do. Representing Croatia on sea, air and ground,

i find in most way missile boats not enough for croatian navy,

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 6:08 pm
Zagor05 wrote:
to answer Rhade's question, why, simply answer why not,
I was afraid that you will use "why not". :D

Dutch are sea country, they live with sea, fight with sea ... they are sea. Romania navy is relict of Warsaw Pact times and, well ... lots of junk on water. You need strong fleet if you have other strong on sea enemy, what enemy have Croatia that she need heavy firepower on water ? No offense lad but for me you act like "having fleet is cool" behavior. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Zagor05
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 6:19 pm
actually Croatia doesn't have enemy at sea, Montenegro is not enemy, but even if they are, they have relics from yugoslavia, nothing that current fleet cant handle, two old obsolete Kotor class friagates, two končar missile boats and probably few other support ships, but all those ships, some of them not even in active duty, are not representing any kind of threat for Croatia,

other possible event, what if, i say if in future Nato and EU collapse, what if, Italy decided to retake istria, who will defend it, few missile boats against superior italian fleet?, this is what if scenario, but as you said there is no enemy that Croatia need to fear from sea, however, croats also live near the sea, ocourse not fighting with sea as dutch do, i know that many in Croatia navy are not complete satisfied with current state of fleet, there was people who believe that fleet is obsolete and that new ships are needed to boost the strenght, there is opposite side who as you said why whould you need new fleet, when we can use resources to modernize air force or ground forces that are more important. What to answer on that, to have new fleet just because we can show of to the world, to participate with bigger countries in anti-piracy-terror missions, exercises, even now there was plan for fleet moderization that was suppose to start between 2015-2022 , building a brand new patrol ships to replace old ones, new ships in corvette or probably even frigate size that would replace current missile boat fleet,

If there is funds for that, then why not, but me personally believe that funds would be better used for economy and infrastructure then for re-building the navy with bigger and expensive ships,

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 6:30 pm
Wise words lad, wise indeed. Italy rule the Adriatic and nothing can change that in this and probably near future. In my opinion, Croatia don't need warships in pure form but multi task OPV's. Something in size of Holland class maybe.
Zagor05 wrote:
i know that many in Croatia navy are not complete satisfied with current state of fleet, there was people who believe that fleet is obsolete

We have the same problem lad, politicians think that one anti ship land missile battery can protect whole border and we don't need navy at all. The worst is that our navy command is not against it. It would bee interesting to see if you can put that kind of problems in your AU. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Zagor05
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 6:37 pm
well our command is cut in half, most of it demand new ships, and smaller part is against it, in what if scenario croatia would have good chances to defend its sea with small and advanced missile boats, after all missile boat can sunk even an aircraft carrier and RBS-15 are more then enough for defense, plus with ground missile batteries all around the cost that would be all that is needed.

Italy can rule the adriatic but will never take any part of Croatian coast as it does in past,

But to be correct indeed both Poland and Croatia have same problem, while Poland navy slowly dissapearing, i dont think your government will have those Perries for long in service, but what will replace them, probably nothing.,

It is the same here, with exception that they may be replacements, at least in patrol boats, and mybe one or two new missile boats, global crisis may past to larger countries like US,UK, Russia and others, but Croatia is still in crisis, and i doubt that plan 2015-2022 will ever start, at least not for good 20-30 years,

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: