Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Zagor05 wrote:
But to be correct indeed both Poland and Croatia have same problem, while Poland navy slowly dissapearing, i dont think your government will have those Perries for long in service, but what will replace them, probably nothing.
Aye, they are a really old ships ... there was some plans of refit but they abandon it some time ago, thanks Gods for that. In year or two they will be mothballed.

Croatia don't have submarines, maybe one or two Todaro class would be a good force multiplier for your future navy ?

[Profile] [Quote]
Zagor05
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 6:53 pm
We had one sub, if that can be called submarine, a Una class midget submarine, her batteries were broken and were never replaced, so she was retired, it was been one time put on sale, but nobody buy it, and Croatian navy also thinking to repair it and put her back into service,

but i dont think there will ever be new subs in our navy, if there is no money for upgrading or replacing the surface fleet, what chances will be to buy subs, even small as Todaro it would cost,

I think that is good idea that they put those Perries on mothball, retrofitting would probably cost as entire ship(40 years earlier), well at least you got one Kilo class sub, and it looks in decent shape, those others however looks like they will sank,

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Indeed cost of refit would be not adequate to service life of hull, you have new PC on ship that just fall apart. That Kilo class is a little too big for Baltic, it's good sub but a little too big. Our Kobbens are better for this waters, but as you can see ... they also old.

There is problem with small budget navies like Croatian and Polish, we can't have everything ... or anything. :lol:

BTW: you know that role of submarine is sunk from time to time. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Zagor05
Post subject: Re: Croatian navy in 2030Posted: September 24th, 2012, 8:06 pm
Rhade wrote:
Indeed cost of refit would be not adequate to service life of hull, you have new PC on ship that just fall apart. That Kilo class is a little too big for Baltic, it's good sub but a little too big. Our Kobbens are better for this waters, but as you can see ... they also old.

There is problem with small budget navies like Croatian and Polish, we can't have everything ... or anything. :lol:

BTW: you know that role of submarine is sunk from time to time. :lol:

for more then half of its life that little sub Croatia has act as surface ship:)

i doubt we would see major changes in our navies, except that ships will be more rusty then before, and that there will never be enough funds to keep them operational 100%

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 24 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: