Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 8 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: February 13th, 2013, 8:17 pm
DD and FG should be in the second page.
i can't wait for SS and CVs instead! great work

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
sebu
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: February 13th, 2013, 8:27 pm
:shock: Oh dear. I was just preparing AU of my own and I was quite pleased with it; though it contains a lot of kitbashing/others designs. And now you're publishing these!
To be honest, I've never been a fan of soviet "designs" but loyalty and plausibility to originals here is something special. The amount of details and information behind these designs is ... confusing. Also the way of binding the context reveals me that I really should think again my AU.
Due to this, fellow countryman, I'll have to start it all over again... So, would you please focus on real designs or others in next few months? :D
Superb job Golly. Simply superb.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: February 14th, 2013, 5:23 am
Quote:
would you please focus on real designs or others in next few months?
. CV's will be next ...so it may take as long as getting these cruisers in order, more than month atleast ;)...(then again, the Finnish sidekick of this AU is also close to publishing its WWII era fleet...)
frigates and destroyers are indeed on 2nd page...
and like always, this AU is based on "real" never-where concepts of Soviet fleet, or atleast into my interuption of them and composed into fleet lot different than OTL soviet fleet was.
But I hope my effort stimulates inspires others AU's...be them kitbashing or drawn from scratch, good AU always benefits lot from dedicated work.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: February 14th, 2013, 11:31 am
Golly has shown himself to be the Master of Eastern Bloc once again.
I assume most of these could quite easily be used to protray real never-were designs with the correct equipment etc. substituted?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: February 14th, 2013, 2:09 pm
Indeed, and I have had even plans to (finaly) do so. Stay tuned 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: February 14th, 2013, 3:37 pm
Very "Novgorod-like" ships,but beautiful!I cannot wait to see what follows.

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: March 27th, 2013, 12:13 pm
Allrigth

Finaly its Finnish time! After struggeling with the Soviet side of this AU, the Finnish one has managed to remain suprisinly stable at my mind after I've setled to the almost campy exaggeration of the Finnish eastbound dreams to Pacific Ocean and greating so absurd AU concept that it has actualyl turned out to be really cool... Atleast for me. The history of this version of Finland is pretty much the same as descriped in length in the other thread, so I wont repeat it here.

[ img ]

The entire idea of trying to figure out how to defend two such drastically different maritime regions so far away from each others, with only fraction of the Industrial capacity and potential that of OTL Russia/Soviet Union, has been almost as fun and inspiring exersise as have been the creation of proper Blue Water Soviet carrier fleet. Lots of Soviet ideas for naval defence, that I've discarded justly in my Soviet version have started to make lot of sense in my Finland reversion. This exersize is far from beeing complete, this time I will present you only the Fleet in 1939-1945, leaving the Orginal Principal Grand fleet (that orginates this) and the more contemporary cold war fleet to other time (after I've done with the Soviet Carriers)
Most of these ships have been laying in my archive for really long time, some even for years, and all educated ones will naturally grasp the idea that is the base in this fleet when they see the familiar ships in newly guises. Some migth argue that proper AU should have all ships 100 % orginal, and I agree, but Im not shipdesigner, so before we see that, I need to reorientate my mindset for something else ;). All drawings are naturally 100% done by me (unless otherwise indicated)

So as a starters, here is the weaponchart and since the AU finland for me is not just ships, but some sort of socio-political statement against trend of things, here is bit more detailed idea of some basic military decoration.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: March 27th, 2013, 12:14 pm
And then; Battleships:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

And a Battlecruiser:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: March 27th, 2013, 12:16 pm
And Cruisers:
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Alternative Soviet Union & Warsaw Pact (Revisited)Posted: March 27th, 2013, 2:47 pm
More Eastern Bloc coolness. 8-)
Loving the mix of Russian and Finnish design elements on these, and the unpronouncable names too! Very interesting designs, especially the cruisers.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 8  [ 77 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 7 8 »

Jump to: