Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: The NetherlandsPosted: December 26th, 2012, 4:35 pm
it is what you get when doing these type off work. - What do you mean with this Heuhen?
Glad you like the Helo-carrier! I can remember I asked you permission for this,,, 2 years ago or so :P

And indeed, to make it look genuine I copied some other parts of the map ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The NetherlandsPosted: December 26th, 2012, 5:17 pm
Quote:
it is what you get when doing these type off work. - What do you mean with this Heuhen?
Whit a lot of works - there is always something that is getting old!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: The NetherlandsPosted: December 26th, 2012, 5:28 pm
Wow, lots of great work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: The NetherlandsPosted: December 26th, 2012, 5:30 pm
Impressive :o And overall very good presentation and some interesting drawings. But for feedback only a few to offer:

First, the Multi Role Patrol Frigate is very nice, but I don't recognise the 'dna'

A Dutch Shetlands? Um...well, I'm not saying its impossible, but the folk are basically Scandinavian in origin, with their roots in the long running swings in Scottish history between the Celts and the Norse, so Dutch? It would be like the Falkland Islanders rushing to embrace the Argentinians; so, the only way would be by conquest, which would mean war with the U.K; and we all know how that would turn out :twisted:

More serioulsy, and totally unforgivable, for 'an old hand', on the Karel Doorman you have Goalkeepers where they cannot exist :x

And finally, and I'm not paranoid, but how come the Union Flag of GB is sited dierctly over Portsmouth Towers? :evil:

;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: The NetherlandsPosted: December 26th, 2012, 6:31 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Impressive :o And overall very good presentation and some interesting drawings. But for feedback only a few to offer:

First, the Multi Role Patrol Frigate is very nice, but I don't recognise the 'dna'

A Dutch Shetlands? Um...well, I'm not saying its impossible, but the folk are basically Scandinavian in origin, with their roots in the long running swings in Scottish history between the Celts and the Norse, so Dutch? It would be like the Falkland Islanders rushing to embrace the Argentinians; so, the only way would be by conquest, which would mean war with the U.K; and we all know how that would turn out :twisted:

More serioulsy, and totally unforgivable, for 'an old hand', on the Karel Doorman you have Goalkeepers where they cannot exist :x

And finally, and I'm not paranoid, but how come the Union Flag of GB is sited dierctly over Portsmouth Towers? :evil:

;)
Thanks PB, means a lot coming from you '_

About the MRPF, to be honest, I cannot recall from which I based this design off, if that is what you mean with ''dna'' ;)
About the Shetlands, I believe I named the origin in the first few pages, but the basic idea was the ancient tie with the
Frisian Kingdom (which existed before the UK, or Britain, became a country), and also because the Island of Swolland always
had a mix of Dutch, Scandinavian and Brittish people, it would be somewhat feasible (in my opinion).

I'll have to look into the GK issue, I thought the position would not be to bad...

And finally, what flag over the Portsmouth Towers? Please tell me what exactly is the problem ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: The NetherlandsPosted: December 26th, 2012, 6:42 pm
Fantastic work!
Does the Dutch East Indies still fall in World War 2

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Vossiej
Post subject: Re: The NetherlandsPosted: December 26th, 2012, 6:51 pm
Hmm, interesting thought Trojan, but I think it would have... Probably the island would have been
captured by the Japanese, only for the Dutch to be able to continue fighting alongside with Britain,
the USA and Australia from India and Indonesia. So yes, the archipelago would be conquered by Japan,
but the Dutch would have been able to fight much more against them than in Real life.

But even if the Dutch East Indies wouldn't have been captured by the Japanese, it would have been
a matter of time before they would had declared themselves independent. The same happened to
the British Indies, and the French Indochina (India, Vietnam, Pakistan etc.).

But maybe I will explore this option later, maybe in a scenario where Indonesia didn't declare
independence until the 1960's or so.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The NetherlandsPosted: December 26th, 2012, 9:48 pm
Awesome work, Vossiej!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: The NetherlandsPosted: December 27th, 2012, 11:11 am
in a quick look-over, I have found the following parts which you would have to update to get it all up to date:
- lcvp
- smart-s
- STIR 240
- RAM
- oto 76 stealth
- Mk 13
- SPS-01
- WM22
I am also not so certain about the SPS-01 position on karel doorman C822, that open part below it seems to be asking for problems, while it is the perfect place for the computer cabinet room which accompanies the radar on the tromp :P

other then that, it looks like great work altogether, although I really miss the use of the driecilinder submarine ....

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The NetherlandsPosted: December 27th, 2012, 11:24 am
Good to see this AU up and running again. I've always drawn inspiration from the preceding iteration :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 49 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: