Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 12  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 612 »
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of CaribiaPosted: January 24th, 2013, 12:18 am
The Air Force is a perfect mix of machines arriving from all over the world, mostly from Italy, and the US, there is also the AN-124 for the very heavy lift... ;)

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by GLACIESFIRE on February 9th, 2013, 7:08 pm, edited 12 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of CaribiaPosted: January 24th, 2013, 1:01 am
Very impressive work!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of CaribiaPosted: January 24th, 2013, 1:13 am
Thank you so much!!! And you haven't seen all the land forces in JuniorGeneral scale (1/72)...

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of CaribiaPosted: January 24th, 2013, 1:27 am
The National Guard, responsable of the National Security and low intensity conflicts as peacekeeping missions where is not necessary the main Armed Forces intervention.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by GLACIESFIRE on February 9th, 2013, 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of CaribiaPosted: January 24th, 2013, 1:42 am
The National Border & Custom Patrol is a division of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), who have to patrol the borders, land and sea, in search of clandestine people or drug dealers. Due to region attitude to the drug commerce, the Kingdom is doing every effort possible to stop them.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by GLACIESFIRE on February 9th, 2013, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of CaribiaPosted: January 24th, 2013, 8:09 am
GLACIESFIRE wrote:
Thanks a lot!!! Many question, let's see...

I have some doubts about some of your ships. I have no time now to go in dept, but here are a few pointers
- your very first ship has 2 engines (most likely gas turbines, judging from up and intakes) but 4 propellers. I have not yet seen this fit, can you explain how and why?

The only one with 4 is the CVN that is Nuclear/Steam as the US carriers, the others are mostly CODLAG with bow thruster or Azimuth for the smal manuovers.

- why all the different design lines? I see a lot of italian stuff, which I can understand, but also US ships, at least one french ship and scandinavian influences, if I saw it correct in a quick glance

Well, Italian cause i'm italian... the US ships, cause I like it and is difficult to find something like that in Italy, the Franch one is the same, before i was using Italian ships, but that one fits perfect for a radar/spay ship, is more discrete... My LPD is based on the spanish/dutch LPD, the smal units ar mostly from Danmark cause I prefer their module system for fit many roles.
My country try to take the best wherever it come from, but as the US using National systems and equipments

- may I point at the latest parts, especially the Mk 13 but also the RAM, marlin (the 25 mm is in reality just another gun in the same mount as the 30mm) and I don't really know if I like your OTO 76 Dart mounting.

The Marlin is in 2 versions, the 30mm is the real one fitting 30mm ammo for standard with the other chain gun, the 25mm is a gatling gun as un the Mangusta solving the role of the Phalanx, Oto-Melare showed it few months ago in an Army fair in Rome as a land C-RAM system... For the 76 Dart, well i really don't like the original one so trying to find an other version came out this one that i like a lot... :D

- you seem to have large diameter torpedo's coming out of the same tubes as small diameter ones, why and how?

No no that one is a mistake in part sheet... the small ones are gust for the ship tubes and the helicopters.

- more an question, but what do the green and red blocks and lines represent on your parts sheet?

That is for remember me the one in use the old/retired ones...

- why the love for shrouded propellers?

In my mind that is for reduce the cavitation of the water as a Fenestron...

I complement you though, on the fact that none of your ships seem really overweight or badly loaded, but this of course is partially because you used real ships as base. still, good effort, but I would love to see some more of your own design work into it :P as that is what I like the most about the AU designers here. some background stories on the ships would be nice too, the most interesting thing about ships is the why you have designed that way or chosen those systems.

This a big work in progress... ;)
woa, CVN. I am a bit doubted on that, that puts your navy (with 9 CVN, if I see it correct) on par with the USN and above any other navy.... and still you are able to use US made equipment? that would make quite a lot of rivalry I think.
also, shrouded propellers do not work on some kinds of vessels, creating a lot of resistance. for example, fast vessels, like most naval ships.
and I do like it if you would credit my LCVP Mk 5?
that crane on the RORO is indeed an crane belonging to an pipelaying vessel, if you want that crane from the link you should draw it yourself ;)
I am wondering why your country can keep such an large fleet but has not the industry to design their own ships and systems.
you could fit modular systems on non-danish ships too, you just have to design it. the same for the french vessel.

I also have to say I am not that happy with what you did on the dutch LPD.......

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of CaribiaPosted: January 24th, 2013, 10:58 am
acelanceloet wrote:
GLACIESFIRE wrote:
Thanks a lot!!! Many question, let's see...

I have some doubts about some of your ships. I have no time now to go in dept, but here are a few pointers
- your very first ship has 2 engines (most likely gas turbines, judging from up and intakes) but 4 propellers. I have not yet seen this fit, can you explain how and why?

The only one with 4 is the CVN that is Nuclear/Steam as the US carriers, the others are mostly CODLAG with bow thruster or Azimuth for the smal manuovers.

- why all the different design lines? I see a lot of italian stuff, which I can understand, but also US ships, at least one french ship and scandinavian influences, if I saw it correct in a quick glance

Well, Italian cause i'm italian... the US ships, cause I like it and is difficult to find something like that in Italy, the Franch one is the same, before i was using Italian ships, but that one fits perfect for a radar/spay ship, is more discrete... My LPD is based on the spanish/dutch LPD, the smal units ar mostly from Danmark cause I prefer their module system for fit many roles.
My country try to take the best wherever it come from, but as the US using National systems and equipments

- may I point at the latest parts, especially the Mk 13 but also the RAM, marlin (the 25 mm is in reality just another gun in the same mount as the 30mm) and I don't really know if I like your OTO 76 Dart mounting.

The Marlin is in 2 versions, the 30mm is the real one fitting 30mm ammo for standard with the other chain gun, the 25mm is a gatling gun as un the Mangusta solving the role of the Phalanx, Oto-Melare showed it few months ago in an Army fair in Rome as a land C-RAM system... For the 76 Dart, well i really don't like the original one so trying to find an other version came out this one that i like a lot... :D

- you seem to have large diameter torpedo's coming out of the same tubes as small diameter ones, why and how?

No no that one is a mistake in part sheet... the small ones are gust for the ship tubes and the helicopters.

- more an question, but what do the green and red blocks and lines represent on your parts sheet?

That is for remember me the one in use the old/retired ones...

- why the love for shrouded propellers?

In my mind that is for reduce the cavitation of the water as a Fenestron...

I complement you though, on the fact that none of your ships seem really overweight or badly loaded, but this of course is partially because you used real ships as base. still, good effort, but I would love to see some more of your own design work into it :P as that is what I like the most about the AU designers here. some background stories on the ships would be nice too, the most interesting thing about ships is the why you have designed that way or chosen those systems.

This a big work in progress... ;)
woa, CVN. I am a bit doubted on that, that puts your navy (with 9 CVN, if I see it correct) on par with the USN and above any other navy.... and still you are able to use US made equipment? that would make quite a lot of rivalry I think.
also, shrouded propellers do not work on some kinds of vessels, creating a lot of resistance. for example, fast vessels, like most naval ships.
and I do like it if you would credit my LCVP Mk 5?
that crane on the RORO is indeed an crane belonging to an pipelaying vessel, if you want that crane from the link you should draw it yourself ;)
I am wondering why your country can keep such an large fleet but has not the industry to design their own ships and systems.
you could fit modular systems on non-danish ships too, you just have to design it. the same for the french vessel.

I also have to say I am not that happy with what you did on the dutch LPD.......
For the LCVP I saw just now that they are missing all the credits... so i will be more than haapy to do it!!! :oops:

For the CVN, who said that I have 9 of them? The fact that is CVN-1 and next ship is CVH-10 doesn't mean that there are 9 CVN in the fleet. ;)

Looking better the propellers will be restored as the normal ones on all the ships, looking various pdf, i saw that there is a lot of resistance, as you said, specially at high speed...

That bloody crane on the RORO will be removed... :(

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of CaribiaPosted: January 24th, 2013, 12:25 pm
The Emergency Service : Police and Fire Fighters. The Red Cross is only for national disaster and humanitarian aid.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

The Fast Liferaft Carrier is an RHIB Mk1500 modified for carry 12 liferaft for 600 people, this boat is assigned to the FD whit major airports near the sea, been able to rescue all the passenger of a 747 or A380.

Last edited by GLACIESFIRE on February 9th, 2013, 7:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of CaribiaPosted: January 24th, 2013, 12:28 pm
Ending with the Space Agency and Weather Control Agency.

[ img ]

Last edited by GLACIESFIRE on February 9th, 2013, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Kingdom of CaribiaPosted: January 24th, 2013, 2:25 pm
Nice work, it looks like You put a significant amount of effort into that. :)

That said, I must also admit, that while I completely understand the notion, that generally AUs demand certain amount of "economical optimism", when I compared the size of Your country on the map You've supplied so generously with number and diversity of warships and aircraft of this country, I reminded myself something one of the SB-members' (I believe it was Colosseum about his own North Point) ironic remark referring to analogical situation (not an exact quote): "tiny island atoll with a fleet powerful enough to sink a whole US Navy in a single afternoon".
;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 12  [ 120 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 612 »

Jump to: