Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Diego Alatriste
Post subject: Re: Spanish Republican NavyPosted: February 4th, 2013, 7:06 pm
MC Spoilt B'stard wrote:
Quote:
[ img ]
I think that your 76 mm platform is to small in length. further great ships you been drawing !

Edit: removed part about hangar
I've fixed. Thanks MC Spoilt B'stard.

Regards

[Profile] [Quote]
Diego Alatriste
Post subject: Re: Spanish Republican NavyPosted: February 4th, 2013, 7:09 pm
Two auxiliary ships:

[ img ]
  • A-11 Mar Caribe
    A-12 Mar del Norte
[ img ]
  • A-31 Castilla
    A-32 Aragón
    A-33 Navarra

[Profile] [Quote]
t72ural
Post subject: Re: Spanish Republican NavyPosted: February 5th, 2013, 5:15 am
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Um, I'm not sure I agree with you that Franco ever seriously contemplated joining the Axis powers as a fighting ally; notwithstanding the Spanish 'volunteers' on the Eastern Front. My reading of Franco is that he was quite cunning in playing off the the two sides, as evidenced by the very expensive pay-off that Britain gave him to stay officially neutral; and of course, by 1943 there wasn't any question, as anybody could see which way the wind was blowing ;)
Hitler didn't give him what he asked for, therefore it felt it was better to sit the war out and cut a deal with the allies postwar. Well, that and Canaris informed him that he thought Hitler was going to lose. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Spanish Republican NavyPosted: February 6th, 2013, 8:36 am
Agreed :) And at the moment we are celebrating the life of George Orwell; so a lot of good stuff on BBC radio; just finished Homage to Catalonia, which makes it clear how Stalin sabotaged the Republican front by getting the communists to turn on the other parties. So not so suprising that Franco won :cry:

[Profile] [Quote]
Diego Alatriste
Post subject: Re: Spanish Republican NavyPosted: February 11th, 2013, 10:06 pm
I was thinking about the surface combatants and I've concluded that the six Arleigh Burke are too much for my navy. This is the new destroyer fleet:

NUMANCIA CLASS DESTROYER
[ img ]
Ships in class:
  • D-31 Numancia (1988-2012)
    D-32 Vitoria (1990-2013)
    D-33 Zaragoza (1991-2013)
    D-34 Sagunto (1991-2014)
    D-35 Tetuán (1991-2014)
    D-36 Arapiles (1991-2015)
ARGONAUTA CLASS DESTROYER
[ img ]
Ships in class:
  • D-41 Argonauta (2002)
    D-42 Neptuno (2003)
    D-43 Bahama (2004)
    D-44 Santísima Trinidad (2004)
    D-45 San Juan Nepomuceno (2005)
    D-46 San Ildefonso (2005)
CHURRUCA CLASS DESTROYER
[ img ]
Ships in class:
  • D-51 Churruca (2012)
    D-52 Alcalá Galiano (2013)
    D-53 Gravina (2013)
    D-54 Álvaro de Bazán (2014)
    D-55 Blas de Lezo (2014)
    D-56 Roger de Lauria (2015)
Regards

[Profile] [Quote]
t72ural
Post subject: Re: Spanish Republican NavyPosted: February 13th, 2013, 5:26 am
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Agreed :) And at the moment we are celebrating the life of George Orwell; so a lot of good stuff on BBC radio; just finished Homage to Catalonia, which makes it clear how Stalin sabotaged the Republican front by getting the communists to turn on the other parties. So not so suprising that Franco won :cry:
On one of the other forums I go on, we were discussing if Stalin ended up doing more harm than good for the Republican cause. I decided to post my thoughts on the subject:

In some ways, Stalin can be blamed for the Republic losing the Civil War. Hitler and Mussolini gave Franco everything he could ever want with few strings attached (hell, they even sent the Nationalists some of their best troops as "volunteers"), while Stalin forced the Republicans to pay upfront with cash - and besides a few ill-equipped International Brigades, Stalin didn't give the Republicans much in the way of generals or "volunteers" from the Red Army. Certainly, Stalin's support of the Republicans scared quite a bit of Europe into remaining neutral, as Britain and France began to fear that the Communists would take over Spain if the Republicans won.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Spanish Republican NavyPosted: February 13th, 2013, 1:43 pm
CHURRUCA CLASS and on ARGONAUTA CLASS

you can remove the bowtruster you have forward (A bowtruster will make a lot of sound even when not in use, a Azimut pod trusters that can be lifted in to the hull is better and more quieter, and can also function as an emergency propulsion engine) and move that Azimut pod truster thingy yo where you have the bow truster. you should also move those stabilisator fins more aft since there you have them now will have no effect on the hull (perhaps a negative effect) place them around center of the ship or just under the Hangar.

look at the underwater line of the Norwegian frigate, it shows where thing are best placed.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Spanish Republican NavyPosted: February 13th, 2013, 3:57 pm
On your OHPs, that's a really bad place to stick your SSMs. If you must add them, put them atop the superstructure. Although you've already done a number to your topweight margin with the SPQ-9B up that high. I'd actually revert to the stock fire control set up.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Spanish Republican NavyPosted: February 13th, 2013, 4:15 pm
sigh. where do I start...
you have given the perry quite a bit of top weight. the SPQ-9B won't be able to rotate, and your gun director is floating in the air as there is no platform over there.
you have mounted the flag on the wire antenna, and have left the flaglines empty. the automatic gun mount amidships has an VERY restricted arc of fire, the clutter on the bridge most likely won't fit there without interfering with each other.
ow and, why change the solid guidance setup you had on board? SPG-51 offers nothing in advance for the missiles, and most likely this would even be an drawback for the gun. and that hull colour is really hurting my eyes.
and last but not least, I would really prefer you to ask before using my drawings, and I would especially prefer it if you would spell my username correct.

on the mod bazan, I think that ship is close to just as expensive as an burke.
also, the SLQ-32 is certainly in a bad place (hard to reach and interference)

there's more I'd like to comment on, but I just don't feel like it, take a good look full of common sense at these drawings and improve things yourself, please.

[Profile] [Quote]
Diego Alatriste
Post subject: Re: Spanish Republican NavyPosted: February 15th, 2013, 1:22 pm
Thank you all for the comments, I'm still working on ships.

acelanceloet, if you do not give me permission, I remove my modification of your Perry. An sorry for the incorrect username, About the director shot, is mounted in the same place as the Santa María Class RAN-12L and RAN-30.

Regards

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 5  [ 43 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: