Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 24 of 31  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2631 »
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: January 30th, 2016, 9:17 pm
Realy nice vehicles Ethan, Always nice to see that more people use the Merkava layout for there tanks. You ony beet me in time as my Hellcat 2 design started in 1974. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: January 31st, 2016, 7:06 am
Thanks Pegasus!

Apparently, I'm hell-bent on updating my old drawings. So, here's the first set. I've updated both of my truck classes.
[ img ]
On the MT-76, all I did was change the wheel colors, add some shading and change some minor things. Just changing the wheels made it much better, I think.
[ img ]
On the HT-86 and HT-158, I basically redid all of it. Now, It looks much better, although I made the 8x8 about as long as a MAN KAT 8x8 :lol: . The specs are the same. The designation will likely be changed in the future, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Tomorrow will be the Wheeled MLRS, Artillery, and Anti-Air, and possibly a new vehicle, the Squirrel APC.

-Ethan

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: January 31st, 2016, 7:29 pm
Look nice.
Btw. why are templates of different sizes? ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 1st, 2016, 2:14 am
Eswube, I made a mistake. I forgot to add my collapsible side truck. The template was originally lengthened to accommodate for it.

New MRLW-40
[ img ]

Equipped with 40x 4.8in rockets and 40x reloads. Range of up to 22 miles. The launcher can be controlled from inside the cab. The cab is armored to protect against artillery airburst and small arms fire. A battalion of 18 of these vehicles can launch almost 1500 rockets in less than 5 minutes. (ca. 2003) The Denton Army is considering a modular package, that allows these trucks to fire 4.8in rockets or the 8.94in rockets as used on the Tiger MLRS (and by other NATO countries that use the M270 MLRS).

Modified MRAV
[ img ]
Based on the Cougar MRAP.

-Ethan

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 1st, 2016, 2:53 pm
Again realy good looking vehicles Ethan ;) :D :D :D

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 3rd, 2016, 6:54 am
Thanks Pegasus!

Now that I've got my trucks redrawn, it's time for more variants, which includes something I've been wanting to draw for a long while: A mobile command HQ, as inspired my LEUT_East's M.C.H.Q.

Denton has 18 of these trucks/teams, two for each Corps (of which there are six), two for the Rapid Reaction Force, one for the Braunschweig Garrison, and three in reserve.
[ img ]

Currently, I am working on the primary tank transporter, and I'm running into a snag. I've got the tractor figured out, which is basically an HT-158 made wider, the engine removed from the cab, and two engines placed behind the cab connecting to a common gear box and the transfer case.
My issue is with the trailer. I'm not sure which might be the better way to go. The trailer itself will be 10'2" wide, with fold out side boards to increase the trailer width to 12'. What I have right now consists of 6 axles, the front 4 with duallies, the 5th and 6th axle steering with a dually set. Combined with the two rear axles of the truck, the total weight capacity of the axles is about 76 short tons. Knowing that, I really want to follow the line of the MZKT-74135, with the trailer being able to carry 2x IFVs, the Tigers. They both weigh in around 30 tons, which makes the combined weight 60 tons, which is doable. The problem is that the deck would need to be 46ft long to accommodate the two Tigers. That equals a long trailer. I'm looking for some ideas on how to go about solving this issue either by just having a long trailer, putting a ramp on the neck, etc., and anything would help. If it can work out, I'm planning on equipping a trailer with a converter dolly to be hooked behind the first trailer, effectively giving me the capability to transport 2 Lion MBTs, or 4 Tiger AFVs with a single truck (and I've got the power for it, over 1000hp!)

Thanks!

-Ethan

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 3rd, 2016, 2:15 pm
Hi Ethan realy nice work on those HQ trucks.

And abouth your tank trailer , it depend on were you goine use the trailer for . As it is just for the roads i wil go for the longer flatbed trailer. Other wise i would place a ramp on the neck.

i use the Broshuis 650KN as my tank trailer from Darth Panda, and when you make a new neck you can use it to put 2 tiger AFV on it'.
I must say i like the idee of a dubbel tank trailer but i dont have the power to do that so i wil be using the top one for my AU .
The second one is made to look how it wil be to have 2 Tiger AFV fit on it , and to have 2 trailers.
te thirt one is the Original from Darth Pand.
The fourt is to see how it would look with the Original trailer with a ramp on the neck and 2 Tiger AFV.

-Aart

[ img ]

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 3rd, 2016, 9:06 pm
Thank you for your input, Aart. There will be two trailers used by Denton for transporting heavy vehicles, one for on road transport (for use primarily in Denton)and will look a lot like the Australian MAN TGA Transporter. The second one will be for off-highway and off-road transport. This is what I am working on now.

I like your ideas, but I'm still not sure. I'm gonna play with several configurations until I come up with something I like, and then I'll post it. The more I think about it, I'm not really sure if a long trailer would be that much of an issue, even on off-road tracks. With air suspension and a heavy frame, it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again!

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 4th, 2016, 4:33 am
Awesome work!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Federal Republic of DentonPosted: February 4th, 2016, 7:49 pm
They look great. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 24 of 31  [ 308 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2631 »

Jump to: