Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 31  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 931 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton NavyPosted: February 13th, 2014, 7:02 pm
Actually, you can have the search light where you've got it; only pretend there are two abreast on a small outrigger platform. It did happen, and won't affect your ship's stability. The alternate is to move it onto a platform (crow's nest) on the foremast, like odysseus1980 suggested. However, he forgot to recommend you to put it low; about a man's height or level with fore funnel.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton NavyPosted: February 13th, 2014, 7:10 pm
Ok, I like that idea! Thank you Bezo.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton NavyPosted: February 14th, 2014, 6:52 am
Try it putting the searching light as low as you can in the mast, in about the same height as funnels. All long and narrow ships are not very stable. Do not forget that a torpedo boat of this size is coastal, not ocean going.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton NavyPosted: February 14th, 2014, 12:15 pm
Odysseus, stop parroting! 8-) ;) - you're only repeating my advice!

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton NavyPosted: February 14th, 2014, 6:36 pm
Well, actually I should have specified. I liked the idea of a dual search light, one on either side of the gun, rather than up in the mast. Sorry I didn't make that clear :? .

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton NavyPosted: March 8th, 2014, 1:09 am
This next project is for Denton's modern navy (2003-2013 timeline).
It is an LST, of which there are 4, largely based on the De Soto County class, with some ideas from the Jason Class LST.

Here is the WIP:
[ img ]

LST-27 Class - 4 Ships in class -27 to -30
Built: 1992-1996
Length: 469.5ft
Beam: 64ft
Draft Light: 5.5ft Bow, 13.5ft Stern
Draft Full: 12.5ft Bow, 20.5ft Stern
Speed: 17kts

Crew: 115
Capacity: 25 MBT, or 40 APC, and up to 550 troops, plus 4 LCVPs

Armament:
1 3" Compact QF cannon
2 30mm 6-barrel gatling CIWS

Since I'm not yet proficient at the sensors and electronics, I also want to ask about that.
I know that I have to put a SPG-60 for the 3", but when it comes to navigation, should a SPS-46 and SPS-67 work? After navigation and fire control, what else should be added? I don't know anything about this and since I plan on doing more modern day ships, I might as well ask now ;) .

Also, (again, I don't really know) instead of having the sensors and electronics on a separate mast, could I incorporate the mast and funnel into a mack?

I wanted to post it here and get feedback before I continue on. Thoughts?

-EZ

Last edited by ezgo394 on March 8th, 2014, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton NavyPosted: March 8th, 2014, 6:46 am
Looks interesting!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton NavyPosted: March 8th, 2014, 8:04 am
I would suggest an MK 87/Mk 92 'egg' instead of an SPG-60 for gunfire control. you can use that as main search radar (fire control) too, I think.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton NavyPosted: March 8th, 2014, 8:10 am
Real (and AU) Jason Class LST use the French Pollux FCS, but also the Selenia NA-21/30 can be used. The "egg" is also a good idea.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton NavyPosted: March 8th, 2014, 5:06 pm
Thank you odysseus and ace :) .

I have replaced the SPG-60 with the Mk92 'egg', however, I feel that I should keep a separate navigation radar, so I went with the SPS-46.

Here is the update.
[ img ]

Underneath the ship, you will see that I have constructed a davit/crane for 2 LCVPs (there are 2 on either side). Does it look.. like a davit? (note: the LCVPs are stacked over each other) When I place it on the ship, they will most likely be abreast the funnel.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 31  [ 308 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 931 »

Jump to: