Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Remko
Post subject: Re: Vossiej's Super Ship: My spin on it for my AUPosted: January 4th, 2011, 9:36 pm
Sorry to bump-up this older thread, but what a great design, both the original and the revised edition.

I to am wondering about the propulsion, as well as the choice for the azipods. They look awsome, and indeed would give big ship more maneuverability, but I read on the original manufacturers page (ABB) that even the largest azipod is intended for ships up to about 25 MW (34,000 shp) power output. If this baby is nuclear powered (with even a single A4W Westinghouse) it will still have a power output in the 97 MW (132,000 shp) range. That said, I'm not an engineer, so it might very well be possible. Perhaps the 25 MW goes for the power per Azipod, in which case this ship should have 4 pods.

Still, beautiful ship, although the well deck seems a bit low, the well deck of the Wasp class is 81.4 x 15.2 x 8.5 meters (Length / width / height) to accommodate the LCAC and LCU's.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: