Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 14  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 14th, 2017, 4:43 pm
Hi, Rodondo. May I ask something? Do you plan in a later date, raise la funnels? I think that a taller funnel will improve the natural aspiration (I don`t know if this is the right word in english, in spanish is "tiro natural", my appologies for this) of air for the boilers, and an increase in speed. Thanks and cheers.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 14th, 2017, 11:56 pm
I do intend on raising the funnels, about 1909/1910 the whole class had this done in RL, Victoria probably would have this done before she left English waters. Natural aspiration seems to hit it on the head, it lead to better flow of the smoke upon exit but the increase in speed, I haven't seen anything to suggest it was noticeable for the Minotaur Class

But I bet the men working high up positions aft would be glad all the same :)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 15th, 2017, 10:23 pm
In English, "stack effect" is the term of the art. That said, I would not translate it as well into Spanish as you did into English ;-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 27th, 2017, 1:21 am
Speaking of, HMVS Victoria as delivered
[ img ]

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: April 2nd, 2017, 1:12 pm
Looks great! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: April 4th, 2017, 7:43 pm
Very good work Rodondo!

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: April 6th, 2017, 3:28 am
Thanks all!

The Victorian Artillery Corps was a widespread organization in the colony, boasting at least 30 gun crews by 1885, armed with RML and newer BL 12 pounder field guns along with some 6 pounder guns, the unit was re-organised at the outbreak of the Boxer Rebellion. Aboard the transport HMVAS Elingamite, a battery of 4 BL 12 pounders, two companies and 30 horses were landed in Taku barely three weeks after it had been taken. The unit was then used to support Gaselee's Expedition, serving as observed "The Colonial units of Victoria were able to work better in the heat, than our English boys, round for round they can get a grand deal more off in prolonged conflict" Participating mainly in the Battle of Yancun, the artillery unit didn't see much else action. Returning to Victoria by February 1901. Other infantry units didn't return till April 1901. Total unit contribution was 265 men and four field guns.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: April 6th, 2017, 7:35 am
Nice additions.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
RegiaMarina1939
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: April 6th, 2017, 11:08 am
Very neat stuff rodondo. I love when AU's do stuff with their other service branches. Planning for coastal artillery at any point?

RegiaMarina1939

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: April 7th, 2017, 12:27 am
Probably will do the Hastings Shore Battery which was armed with 40 pounder guns, I initially balked as I thought you meant the Heads Defence Network which is like 20km^2 of batteries, remote mine-fields and observation posts

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 14  [ 140 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »

Jump to: