Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 14  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 9th, 2017, 2:37 am
I think it was introduced by 1904 into use

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 9th, 2017, 10:58 am
It's nice to see these ships fitted with the turbines they deserved...

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 9th, 2017, 11:27 am
eltf177 wrote: *
Well it makes sense an later unit would receive turbines specially since the RN went firmly with turbines after 1906. But yeah, it's good to see them with turbines

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 9th, 2017, 11:40 am
Rodondo wrote: *
eltf177 wrote: *
Well it makes sense an later unit would receive turbines specially since the RN went firmly with turbines after 1906. But yeah, it's good to see them with turbines
I find it hard to believe that not ONE armored cruiser ever built had turbines. But by the time they became available the battlecruiser seemed to be the way to go so no more AC's... :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 9th, 2017, 11:43 am
Yeah it makes so much sense if at least the Minotaur Class would have had them but such is the way of the past

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 9th, 2017, 9:22 pm
Looks impressive.

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 9th, 2017, 9:45 pm
Impresive work Rodondo, your armoured cruiser is very appealing! And I am eagerly waiting the next decade!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 10th, 2017, 8:45 am
A very impressive looking design, it looks good.

Not sure why the second beam turret is facing aft, an odd feature. If your worried about the boat davits then move them or find some other method of stowing the boats. I don't think any navy of that time would seriously consider altering the firepower of a design just for the sake of 32ft of wooden cutter!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 12th, 2017, 3:07 am
It was due to the davits which the location I derived from the scant source material I had, I will most certainly change it in later iterations as you do concisely put, the sacrifice in firepower and firing arcs is too great.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Colony of Victoria (AU)Posted: March 14th, 2017, 12:49 pm
Did some digging, seems almost all of the time the turrets in question faced aft and the lifeboat arrangement seems like it is in my drawing which begs the question who in hell decided that?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 14  [ 140 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 »

Jump to: