Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 6  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines AUPosted: September 7th, 2013, 11:39 pm
If you may be wondering what ADTEL is, ADTEL is a company in the Philippines that is well known for producing TV antennas for home use.
http://www.adtelinc.com.ph/

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines AUPosted: September 8th, 2013, 3:31 am
I have decided to increase the submarine force to six boats, which will be a version of the Japanese Sōryū class submarine, which is also being offered to Australia in real life. Since the Desired Force Mix states that the submarines would be used for USW and deterrence, I would equip the submarines with Tomahawk or MdCN land attack cruise missiles.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines AUPosted: September 8th, 2013, 7:26 am
Hull of that corvette looks bit miniscule compared to superstructure. Anyway, wish You that this AU will unfold nicely. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines AUPosted: September 8th, 2013, 12:45 pm
eswube wrote:
Hull of that corvette looks bit miniscule compared to superstructure. Anyway, wish You that this AU will unfold nicely. :)
Regarding the corvette's hull, the basic form of the ship is somehow based on that of the Abu Dhabi corvettes, and resembling a scaled-down version of the PF-20 frigate.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines AUPosted: September 8th, 2013, 1:00 pm
Judah14 wrote:
Japanese Sōryū class submarine, which is also being offered to Australia in real life.

Offered but won't be taken unless the new government is insane. Australia I believe is angling toward the Type 216 or a homebuilt SSK

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines AUPosted: September 8th, 2013, 1:13 pm
Rodondo wrote:
Judah14 wrote:
Japanese Sōryū class submarine, which is also being offered to Australia in real life.

Offered but won't be taken unless the new government is insane. Australia I believe is angling toward the Type 216 or a homebuilt SSK
Oh, in this AU the Philippines has good relations with Japan, since both countries have territorial disputes with China (just like in real life). And like the Israeli Dolphin class submarines, these boats would have a good land attack capability, with the Tomahawk or MdCN (altough I am leaning towards the Tomahawk).

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines AUPosted: September 8th, 2013, 1:17 pm
do they also have VERY good relations with nations as the USA? otherwise they would not get tomahawk or anything like it......

that abu dhabi class has a lot more hull depth and freeboard then your corvette, though. the same goes for the frigate, the hull looks flimsy compared to what is on it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines AUPosted: September 8th, 2013, 1:33 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
do they also have VERY good relations with nations as the USA? otherwise they would not get tomahawk or anything like it......

that abu dhabi class has a lot more hull depth and freeboard then your corvette, though. the same goes for the frigate, the hull looks flimsy compared to what is on it.
Yes, as in real life the Philippines has good relations with the US, as a major non-NATO ally, and US forces often have rotational deployments in the Philippines.
Edit: fixed the hull of the corvette.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines AUPosted: September 8th, 2013, 1:37 pm
you have not fixed it. there is still very little freeboard and hull depth. (btw, your Mk 49 is the wrong way around)
I am also in doubt about your sensor fit, btw.

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines AUPosted: September 8th, 2013, 1:43 pm
Fixed the Mk. 49. The freeboard, well, I fix it tomorrow since it needs a major redraw (the hull of the corvette was copy-pasted from an older version of the drawing).
Edit: regarding the frigate having topweight problems, the frigate's mast is based on that of the ASMD-upgraded Anzac frigates, where the topweight problems were solved by adding ballast.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 6  [ 52 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Jump to: