Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 4 of 7  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 19th, 2013, 2:09 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
This cruiser looks like the Town Class and seem pefect for conversion to CG with Terrier missiles in early 1960's.

What about their crew when operating in Meditterranean?Did they had any Phillipines or all were British?

I based the mast with radars on the Town class..

In 1939, the Philippines already sent crews for training aboard the ships....And during the spark of the war, they were commissioned to the Royal Navy with a British captain and Filipino crew.

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of the Philippines AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 19th, 2013, 2:54 am
One thing I've noticed, SC Seahawk first flew in '44, if you want to stay with US aircraft, then go with the SOC Seagull, introduced in '35.

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 19th, 2013, 3:20 am
ruzzelsuallo wrote:
Im enlightened......so should i put the guns nearer to the center or it is good enough??
I dunno. Again, it's not really my field.

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 19th, 2013, 3:53 am
What you need to do is to increase the overall length of your ACR. You simply have a too heavy armament on a too limited hull. Either change the main armament size or enlarge the hull, so that you'll create a longer bow section and stern section.
Also, you haven't answered my first question, in what year is the ship depicted? I really cannot make much sense of it and how it's equipped till I know that!

[Profile]
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 19th, 2013, 8:27 am
bezobrazov wrote:
What you need to do is to increase the overall length of your ACR. You simply have a too heavy armament on a too limited hull. Either change the main armament size or enlarge the hull, so that you'll create a longer bow section and stern section.
Also, you haven't answered my first question, in what year is the ship depicted? I really cannot make much sense of it and how it's equipped till I know that!
The ships was built from 1898-1901.

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 19th, 2013, 9:02 am
Fixed the Solidaridad class CA

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 19th, 2013, 1:05 pm
Ok, you did lengthen it, which gave it much more balance. However, if your vessel is depicted as of ca. 1901, there are still several issues with it. For instance, the 6" guns are of a decade later, so change them out to something contemporary. Also there were no range finders at the time - none whatsoever! In fact rangefinders began to be considered and experimented with only from ca. 1910, pioneered by such personalities as Rear-Adm. Sir Percy Scott. Also, believe it or not, but there were really no motor launches, due to the infancy of oil production. You would have a couple or so of steam launches. In the parts sheet I've provided a sheet with suitable ones you may use, and even redesign if you feel like. Lastly your set-up of the MG:s are more akin to WW2, not the turn-of-the-century. Also they look more like AA-guns, which concept, of course, wouldn't have existed!
Oh, and where's the conning tower? A ship of this size, of this period would've have, at least a main conning tower, if not an aft, secondary one too.
Hope these suggestions are helpful.

[Profile]
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 19th, 2013, 11:16 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Ok, you did lengthen it, which gave it much more balance. However, if your vessel is depicted as of ca. 1901, there are still several issues with it. For instance, the 6" guns are of a decade later, so change them out to something contemporary. Also there were no range finders at the time - none whatsoever! In fact rangefinders began to be considered and experimented with only from ca. 1910, pioneered by such personalities as Rear-Adm. Sir Percy Scott. Also, believe it or not, but there were really no motor launches, due to the infancy of oil production. You would have a couple or so of steam launches. In the parts sheet I've provided a sheet with suitable ones you may use, and even redesign if you feel like. Lastly your set-up of the MG:s are more akin to WW2, not the turn-of-the-century. Also they look more like AA-guns, which concept, of course, wouldn't have existed!
Oh, and where's the conning tower? A ship of this size, of this period would've have, at least a main conning tower, if not an aft, secondary one too.
Hope these suggestions are helpful.
I'll refit the La Solidaridad class....just asking, what main gun is suitable for the ship that exists in 1900s, British ones, so I can change it to indated and better ones.

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 20th, 2013, 5:03 pm
Your main guns are ok. The preferred one for the British was 9.2", but 10" is quite alright. As for the secondaries, I'd go "scavenging" the various British designed major warships archived here, plus consult the various weapons sheets. As for caliber, I'd suggest 4.7" since this is a ship built for a (poorer) foreign country, but also the 6" will do; just find the correct type.

[Profile]
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 21st, 2013, 3:16 am
Refitted the ships...retained the main and secondary guns, added aft coning tower

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 4 of 7  [ 69 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

Jump to: