Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 7  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 »
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 15th, 2013, 7:07 am
Philippines:An AU
I altered the Philippine history in three ways:
- President Emilio Aguinaldo, in order to secure the Philippine Independence, signed the Treaty of Manila with the United States. The US will recognize PH sovereignty in exchange of free access to Philippine major ports especially Manila.
- Aguinaldo modernized and industralized the PH, following what Japan did
- Philippine economy is currently considered as the largest in SEA and it maintains a title of "Tiger Economy"

[ img ]

PHILIPPINE AIR FORCE-CURRENT
[ img ]

PHILIPPINE NAVY-CURRENT
AIRCRAFT CARRIERS
[ img ]

SUBMARINES
[ img ]

AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT SHIPS
[ img ]

DESTROYERS
[ img ]

FRIGATES
[ img ]

[ img ]

(NOTE: The helicopter embarked on the Andres Bonifacio class and Ramon Magsaysay class is the H-6 "Gansa", the locally-designed and built ASW variant of the MBB B0-105.)
CORVETTES
[ img ]

[ img ]

MINEHUNTERS
[ img ]

SELF-RELIANCE PROJECTS
The Armed Forces of the Philippines developed the Self-Reliance Division in 1970s as initiated by President Marcos. It produced many equipments for the Armed Forces, including the F-2 and T-1 aircrafts.
[ img ]

MBT Kalakian- developed in 1980s after the Philippine Army and Marine Corps retired their M45 Bulldog light tanks in service. First prototype was built in 1991, and undergone mass-production since 1995. A total of 1,705 units serve the Army and 645 in the Marines.

Hari-Digma AIFV- locally-built armored infantry fighting vehicle (AIFV) after the M113 APCs and V-150 APCs were aging. Developed in the early 2000s as a joint project between PA's Light Armored Brigade (later Light Armored Division) and Steelcraft Industries, Incorporated of Manila, Philippines. Prototype appeared in 2003, and undergone mass production since 2006. A total of 450 (and still building) is in the Army and 149 (and still building) is in the Marine Corps.

Mk. 40 Mobile Assault Rocket Combat Operational System 'Sumpak (MARCOS)' MRLS- Initiated in 1970s by the Self-Reliance Wing and Self-Reliance Brigade of Air Force and Army, and was acronymed MARCOS because it was personally funded by the dictator. It was intended for various applications such as area attack, point defense and shore-to-ship implacement, firing standard 120 mm HEAT, FFAR. Prototype appeared in 1987, and undergone mass production in 1995. A total of 220 units serve the Air Force Air Assault Wing and 240 in the Army.

Marine Multi-Purpose Vehicle 4x4 (MMPV) - The Marine Corps had produced a local derivation of the US Humvee, a civilian car locally modified for military service. Prototype was successfully tested in 1995, and it was first armed with M-40-A1 106 mm recoilless rifles. The availability of Hellfire ATGM and Stinger MANPADS further increased each vehicles' capability. A total of 450 units serve the Marines with other 200 units in the Army.

Trident HMG- Developed jointly by the Navy Reserve Force Division and the Mapua Institute of Technology engineering students as an automated gunboat mounted machine-gun in 2006. The gun is fired remotely below deck by gunners. Prototype still currently undergoing testing.

WORK IN PROGRESS!!!!!

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of the Philippines AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

Last edited by ruzzelsuallo on February 3rd, 2014, 9:38 am, edited 9 times in total.

[Profile]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 15th, 2013, 12:55 pm
Are you ready?

-Your AU history seems plausible.
-Your aircraft carrier is really nice,can you post any specifications?Perhpaps she is suitable for one of my AU scenarios,of which I use a Juan Carlos variant.
-Then we have a LST which looks like the Turkish ADIK LST
-A FREMM variant and a MEKO 360.In the latter you can use Mk48 VLS like the real MEKO 200HN instead of the Mk56.
-What about the F-2 aircraft?Nice design,though.

[Profile]
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 16th, 2013, 5:17 am
Thanks odysseus.....yes i based the surigao class on the ADIK LST.

Perhaps i'll repair my ships after christmas!!!hahaha....

I'll add dreadnoughts, armored cruisers, and destroyers for my AU.. This is the PN fleet from 1905-1945

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 16th, 2013, 6:00 am
many of the parts, including the helos, come from the old parts sheets. For a PN NH90 you may try this one:
[ img ]

[Profile]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 16th, 2013, 7:59 am
ruzzelsuallo wrote:

I'll add dreadnoughts, armored cruisers, and destroyers for my AU.. This is the PN fleet from 1905-1945
My advice for all these above is to design some pre-dreadnought battleships/armoured cruisers (up to three total), several different torpedo boats and various destroyers.Also you can have MTB's. For larger ships look what Latin American countries had in that period.

[Profile]
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 17th, 2013, 2:45 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
ruzzelsuallo wrote:

My advice for all these above is to design some pre-dreadnought battleships/armoured cruisers (up to three total), several different torpedo boats and various destroyers.Also you can have MTB's. For larger ships look what Latin American countries had in that period.
Yes i'll add MTBs, torpedo boats, and gunboats but i'll not add pre-dreadnoughts because the Navy was established in 1905, prior to the dreadnought era.

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 17th, 2013, 6:34 am
Yes,I read that your Navy was established in 1905.First ships where purchased second-hand and gradually shipbuilding capabilities were establisted.This is not easy at all,it requires a vast investment in time and money.

In my AU,first iron ship was built in 1860,first armour cruiser in 1887,several other until 1912 (these last were somewhat an improved pre-dreadnought type),beside with torpedo boats (from 1876),first home-designed battleship was built in mid 1920's to late 1920's together with a new destroyer (the Aegina/Rhodos Class), followed by a large destroyer and cruisers in 1930's.Also two battleships of pre-WW1 order which construction had been stopped due to the war home-completed in 1920's with several improvments over the original design.After the WW2 the Konon Class frigates were the base of the post war Royal Hellenic Navy(AU) which is now one of the strongest in Europe considering overall fire power.And I do not have aircraft carriers,since I do not need them.

[Profile]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 17th, 2013, 6:43 am
IMO, the Philippines needs amphibious assault ships instead of aircraft carriers. We have a lot of islands to fly aircraft from. Amphibious assault ships are great for humanitarian operations, like the recent relief operations after Typhoon Haiyan in the Visayas. MTB's are okay, the Philippines had MTB's just before WWII in real life, and they are suited for littoral warfare.

[Profile]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 17th, 2013, 7:18 am
Again a Turkish vessel (MTRP70).No problem,but consider that you have now a kitbash vessel which did not exist even in paper.Turkey in real world has built up to MTRP-33 (about 35-38m).And you have that old topredo tube design,when there is a much better available.

Why do not you write a small "contest" for your missile boats,setting some characteristics like required weaponry,speed,seakeeping capabilties,physical dimensions etc.Personally I have done this two times.

[Profile]
ruzzelsuallo
Post subject: Re: Republic of the Philippines (AU)Posted: December 17th, 2013, 7:32 am
Judah14 wrote:
IMO, the Philippines needs amphibious assault ships instead of aircraft carriers. We have a lot of islands to fly aircraft from. Amphibious assault ships are great for humanitarian operations, like the recent relief operations after Typhoon Haiyan in the Visayas. MTB's are okay, the Philippines had MTB's just before WWII in real life, and they are suited for littoral warfare.
BRP Emilio Aguinaldo is an amphibious assault ship with special capabilities like an aircraft carrier, and I based that design on the Spanish ship Juan Carlos. It can help on humanitarian assistance and search and rescue because it had 8 landing spots for helicopters and it had three decks to accomodate the victims.

Republic of Amazonas AU
Republic of Cabinda AU

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 7  [ 69 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: