Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 576 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 22nd, 2013, 8:12 am
Awesome thread!

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 22nd, 2013, 10:09 am
there are quite a few mistakes in the cantabria drawing, most of which I have rectified on the amsterdam (which is an half sister) http://www.shipbucket.com/images.php?di ... terdam.png
especially the propeller ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 22nd, 2013, 3:50 pm
LEUT_East wrote:
IFAS Esperance (for Rowdy36)
My hero! :D
And good inspiration for me to continue on with my own replenishment ship design...

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 23rd, 2013, 12:30 am
Jervis Bay Littoral Support Vessels

The Jervis Bay Littoral Support Vessels (LSV) were designed to be a networked, agile, stealthy surface combatant capable of defeating anti-access and asymetic threats in the littorals. Even though LSV's are slightly smaller than the IFAN's frigates they have the capabilities of a small assault transport with a flight deck hanger large enough to base two MRH-90 Taipan or MH-60R Seahawk helicopters, the capability to dock with LCVPs from a stern ramp, and enough cargo volume and payload to deliver a small assault force with fighting vehicles to a roll-on/roll off port facility. Although the LSV's offer less air defence and surface-to-surface capabilities than comparable warships, the LSV concept emphasises speed, flexible mission module space and a shallow draft.

IFAS Jervis Bay (pictured) and IFAS Westernport Bay are homeported at Fleet Base North East, Brisbane. IFAS Frecinet Bay (pictured) and IFAS Calgardup Bay are homeported at Fleet Base West, IFAS Stirling. All vessels were launched and initiated by Australian Aboriginal Elders and each vessels main communication dome is adorned with each Elders artwork.

IFAS Jervis Bay
[ img ]

IFAS Frecinet Bay
[ img ]

Jervis Bay Class Specifications:
Type Littoral Support Vessel
Crew 40 (8 officers, 32 non-commissioned) plus up to 35 mission crew
Displacement 4,110 tonnes
Length 162 metres
Beam 32 metres
Draught 5.3 metres
Speed 40 knots
Range 4,300 miles at 18 knots
Missiles RIM-162 Evolved SeaSparrow Missile (ESSM), 4 x Dual VLS containers (8 cells)
Guns 1 x Bofors 57 mm Mk 3, 2 x Phalanx CIWS, 4 × .50 cal guns (2 x aft, 2 x forward)
Helicopters Hangar facilities for 2 x MRH-90 Taipans or 2 x MH-60R Seahawks or 2 x IFAA Eurocopter Tigers, Flight deck facilities for 1 x IFAA S-70 Blackhawk or 1 x CH-47 Chinook
Phased Array Radar CEA-SAR long range littoral phased arrays
Fire Control Radar 2 x Thomson OFZT-69 Optronic weapon directors
Navigation Radar DSE NR-1080
ECM 2 x BAE Systems Nulka
Mission Modules Surface warfare, Anti-submarine module, Mine countermeasures module, and Irregular warfare and amphibious modules
Propulsion 2 × Caterpillar MTU 20V 8000 Series diesels, 2 x LM2500 gas turbines, 2 x TT Industries light weight multiple-section carbon fibre propulsion shaftlines, 2 x LJ160E and 2x LJ150E Wartsila waterjets.

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on December 23rd, 2013, 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Chris Roach
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 23rd, 2013, 2:24 am
Silly little nit pick... IFAS Frecinet Bay? Assuming you mean the body of water near the Freycinet Peninsula down here in Tassie, then you're after Great Oyster Bay. But I dare say there's other more appealing options avalible (given it's a ship with an amphibious warfare role and hence associated with the army, maybe Milne Bay?)

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 23rd, 2013, 3:25 am
Frecinet Bay (as opposed to Freycinet Peninsula) is in Northern Territory (named Northern Australia in my AU). I used this name after the land (Morigul) of the Aboriginal Clan Elder who launched her. His clans artwork also adorns the main communications dome. All of these vessels have links to Aboriginal clans.

Hope that clears things up. I am going to be using Tasmanian names for my fisheries patrol vessels in the Independent Federation of Australia Coast Guard.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 23rd, 2013, 6:10 am
Castlemaine Class Air Warfare Guided Missile Destroyer

The Castlemaine Class Air Warfare Guided Missile Destroyers were built as successors to the highly capable Brisbane Class. The centrepiece of these ships is the AEGIS combat system developed for the USN and other aligned navies. These ships are dedicated to the defence of a naval force (plus assets ashore) from aircraft and missile attack and are also be able to operate in anti-surface, anti-submarine, and naval gunfire support roles.

IFAS Castlemaine (pictured) and IFAS Hobart are homeported at Fleet Base North East, Brisbane. IFAS Perth (pictured) and IFAS Melbourne are homeported at Fleet Base West, IFAS Stirling.

DDG07 IFAS Castlemaine
[ img ]

DDG09 IFAS Perth
[ img ]

Castlemaine Class Specifications:
Type Air Warfare Guided Missile Destroyer
Crew 23 officers, 260 non-commissioned
Displacement 8,450 tonnes
Length 186 metres
Beam 20 metres
Draught 9.3 metres
Speed 32 knots
Range 8,100km (4,400nm)
Missiles RIM-67 Standard (SM-2ER), RIM-162 Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile (ESSM), RGM-84 Harpoon SSM
Guns 1 x Mk-45 Mod 2 lightweight gun, 2 x Phalanx CIWS, 4 × .50 cal guns (2 x aft, 2 x forward)
Torpedoes 2 x Mk32 Mod 9 two-tube torpedo launchers, Eurotorp MU90 torpedoes
Helicopters 2 x MRH-90 Taipans or 2 x MH-60R Seahawks
Phased Array Radar AN/SPY-1D 3D
Fire Control Radar 2 × Raytheon SPG-62 Mk99 radar illuminators
Surface Search Radar 1 x DSE SSR-0213 V(2), 1 x DSE SSR-0186
Navigation Radar DSE NR-1080
ECM AN/SLQ-32, 2 x BAE Systems Nulka
Propulsion 2 x General Electric Marine model 7LM2500-SA-MLG38 gas turbines @17,500 kilowatts (23,500 hp) each, 2 x Caterpillar Bravo 16 V Bravo diesels @ 5,650 kilowatts (7,580 hp) each, 2 x CP propellers.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rusel
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 23rd, 2013, 6:39 am
I used this name after the land (Morigul) of the Aboriginal Clan Elder who launched her. His clans artwork also adorns the main communications dome. All of these vessels have links to Aboriginal clans.

Easty
I reckon a corroborree in your honour is deserved mate.
Your inclusivity is inspirational. Well done, I salute you sir ...
and kick up some dust!

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 23rd, 2013, 6:46 am
Rusel wrote:
I used this name after the land (Morigul) of the Aboriginal Clan Elder who launched her. His clans artwork also adorns the main communications dome. All of these vessels have links to Aboriginal clans.

Easty
I reckon a corroborree in your honour is deserved mate.
Your inclusivity is inspirational. Well done, I salute you sir ...
and kick up some dust!
Thankyou Sir. As an ex-serving member of the RAN, I believe that there needs to be more recognition of the Aboriginal Culture when naming our vessels. From memory, there are only two vessels with Aboriginal names - "Warramunga" and "Arunta" - at present. I intend to address this in my AU.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 23rd, 2013, 6:59 am
These drawings are simply outstanding!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 576 »

Jump to: