Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 71 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 169 70 71 72 7376 »
RipSteakface
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 19th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Utterly gorgeous!

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 19th, 2022, 12:52 am
After dusting off the cobwebs on my AU, I have done some tidying up and in places made modifications to some of my designs. Firstly, the ship where it all began for me - the Castlemaine Class DDG. There are now two flotillas with 3 DDGs each. Destroyer Flotilla 1 consists of 3 original Castlemaines and Destroyer Flotilla 2 consists of 4 Modified Castlemaines.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

The 4th Modified Castlemaine, AS Vengeance was originally built for the UAE Navy but due to contractural issues was purchased outright by the Australian Navy and commissioned as AS Vengenance and assigned to DDG Flotilla 2.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on April 3rd, 2022, 4:18 am, edited 11 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 19th, 2022, 1:36 am
Another new project was the AS Mary Foley which is a Disaster Response/Humanitarian/Hospital Ship named after nursing officer Commodore Mary Foley who championed nursing officers since the 1970's. She passed away from breast cancer in 2014 and this ship was named in her honour.

[ img ]

Post 2022 refit

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on April 4th, 2022, 8:04 am, edited 8 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 19th, 2022, 4:21 am
And finally for today, my up to date Improved Rockhampton Class frigates Esperance and Parkes.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

I am currently updating the original Rockhampton Class frigates and here is my finaly draft of AS Rockhampton (Lead Ship).

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on March 5th, 2022, 3:40 am, edited 5 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 19th, 2022, 9:23 am
Excellent work and great to see you back!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 21st, 2022, 7:53 am
I have just finished updating my Supply Class Combat Replenishment Ships - AS Supply and her sister ship AS Endeavour. Having heaps of fun with this one.

[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on April 2nd, 2022, 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
VC_
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 22nd, 2022, 1:28 pm
Very nice work and excellent detailing on the drawings, so many little coloured objects. I especially like the little kangaroos all over the place! And I like the look of your DDGs and FFGs, AEGIS doesn't always mix well with good aesthetics but these are sleek and pretty.

Since you've returned after a break, you might want to look at other recent drawings to update your window colour.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 22nd, 2022, 11:06 pm
I have also made a start on completely reduxing my Patrol Boat series. I am especially proud of this design as its one I have been wanting to do for some time now.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on March 9th, 2022, 2:31 am, edited 6 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 22nd, 2022, 11:07 pm
As always, intensely detailed, but every pixel matters and is well thought out. It is a style unique to you.

I'm wondering about RAM on the AOR, though--would SeaRAM not be more appropriate? You don't have any obvious cueing sensor for RAM aside from CEC data.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 22nd, 2022, 11:17 pm
erik_t wrote: *
As always, intensely detailed, but every pixel matters and is well thought out. It is a style unique to you.

I'm wondering about RAM on the AOR, though--would SeaRAM not be more appropriate? You don't have any obvious cueing sensor for RAM aside from CEC data.
I was actually thinking that Erik - we must be synced :)

I will make the change shortly to see how it ends up. It will also give me a chance to do a fwd and aft view of the SeaRAM too.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 71 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 169 70 71 72 7376 »

Jump to: