Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 72 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 170 71 72 73 7476 »
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 22nd, 2022, 11:23 pm
Supply Class has been updated as per erik_t recommendations.

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on March 7th, 2022, 4:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rainmaker
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 23rd, 2022, 12:31 am
Love that AOR - the detail work really is fantastic. Glad to see you back on the 'bucket LEUT_East. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
bugsier_060
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 24th, 2022, 12:58 pm
very nice and superb ships.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 24th, 2022, 8:26 pm
Awesome new additions! (not that anyone would expect anything else from You)

My only nit-pick is the lack of window/porthole/cockpit windshield color uniformity. ;)
(Castlemaines and Modified Rockhamptons have these deep blue on ships but greyish blue on helicopters; on Mary Foley they are golden-brownish but most helicopters have them greyish blue - except for the one amidships on the first drawing; original Rockhamptons and Jindivicks have them all deep blue - both on ships and on helos; two sheets of Supplys have total of 4 RHIBs, one of which has the same window color as ship and helos, but other three have it deep blue)

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 25th, 2022, 12:03 am
eswube wrote: *
Awesome new additions! (not that anyone would expect anything else from You)

My only nit-pick is the lack of window/porthole/cockpit windshield color uniformity. ;)
(Castlemaines and Modified Rockhamptons have these deep blue on ships but greyish blue on helicopters; on Mary Foley they are golden-brownish but most helicopters have them greyish blue - except for the one amidships on the first drawing; original Rockhamptons and Jindivicks have them all deep blue - both on ships and on helos; two sheets of Supplys have total of 4 RHIBs, one of which has the same window color as ship and helos, but other three have it deep blue)
Yeah, just mucking around with colouring at the moment of windows. What colour scheme do you use mate as I love your designs and would like to emulate that in my designs.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 25th, 2022, 8:02 am
In late 2021, the Australian Government purchased a Modifided Supply Class that was originally made for the UAE Naval Forces. Due to contractural issues, the vessel was declined by the UAE and purchased by the Independant Federation of Australia Navy as a companion ship to AS Supply and AS Endeavour. She was commissioned AS Diamantina and employed as a Fleet Oiler with a limited replenishment capacity.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on April 2nd, 2022, 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Garlicdesign
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 27th, 2022, 4:53 pm
Fantastic AOEs. Made me look at my entry into the modern auxiliary challenge and be slightly ashamed...

Cheers
GD

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 28th, 2022, 6:07 am
Next off the list for a major redux is my Moreton Bay Class Littoral Control Ships - AS Moreton Bay and AS Jervis Bay. I have upgraded them significantly by increasing the length of the flight deck, added SeaRAM in a modular capacity and basically went mad on the detailing.

Hope you like them. BTW, yes I am aware that AS Moreton Bay has a later hull number than AS Jervis Bay. This was deliberate due to an issue during keel laying. And the colours of the Utility Seahawks are those of the parent HS817 Squadron.

[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on April 2nd, 2022, 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 2nd, 2022, 12:48 am
The LCS drawings are lovely, but the electronics arrangement on the mast leaves something to be desired. Your SPQ-9B lookalike is blocking the CEC arrays over a wide forward arc.

What is the structure below them that looks like a big toothed gear edge-on, somewhat resembling UPX-29? It also has trouble.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 2nd, 2022, 1:05 am
erik_t wrote: *
The LCS drawings are lovely, but the electronics arrangement on the mast leaves something to be desired. Your SPQ-9B lookalike is blocking the CEC arrays over a wide forward arc.

What is the structure below them that looks like a big toothed gear edge-on, somewhat resembling UPX-29? It also has trouble.
Moreton Bay class updated....

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on March 5th, 2022, 3:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 72 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 170 71 72 73 7476 »

Jump to: