Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 776 »
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 25th, 2013, 12:55 pm
Allright, guidance radar critisisms: Your Rockhampton class. Why does it have the SPG-62 when it's also CEAFAR and CEAMOUNT equipped?

Likewise, your Castlemain class could do with (enlarged/trainable) versions of the CEAMOUNT instead of SPG-62. There's no reason to pick two completely different illumination systems for your air warfare ships, especially not on the same ship!

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 25th, 2013, 9:46 pm
MihoshiK wrote:
Allright, guidance radar critisisms: Your Rockhampton class. Why does it have the SPG-62 when it's also CEAFAR and CEAMOUNT equipped?

Likewise, your Castlemain class could do with (enlarged/trainable) versions of the CEAMOUNT instead of SPG-62. There's no reason to pick two completely different illumination systems for your air warfare ships, especially not on the same ship!
Yeh, that was in the back of my mind. The Rockhamptons and Castlemaines are being upgraded in the future and part of the upgrade will be the removal of the AN/SPG-62 mounts and the inclusion of CEAMOUNT units on the Castlemaine Class. The main reason I put the AN/SPG-62 mounts on the Rockhampton Class was as a redundancy measure. Looking back at that now, it maybe wasn't such a good idea.

Thanks for the feedback mate :)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 26th, 2013, 3:22 am
Brisbane Class (IFAS Hobart) Museum Ship

IFAS Hobart was the only Brisbane Class Guided Missile Destroyer not to receive the major AAW upgrade it's sister ships got. This decision was based on the fact that there were too many mechanical issues that were not cost effective to retain her in service. Subsequently she was given a "spruice up" refit and gifted to the Australian Maritime Museum in Darling Harbour, Sydney.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on December 26th, 2013, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 26th, 2013, 8:24 am
Awesome!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 26th, 2013, 10:33 am
This is really great!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 26th, 2013, 10:47 am
Fantastic! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 26th, 2013, 11:28 am
a-m-a-z-i-n-g

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Judah14
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 26th, 2013, 1:18 pm
Very good!

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 26th, 2013, 3:47 pm
Perhaps a blue Ikara (?), and any real and proper museum ship removes the screws so they can be admired topside :)

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 27th, 2013, 6:12 am
I am after some feedback please fellow pixelbashers. This is the first of my AU's Coast Guard Vessels, IFACGS Shackleton. She is based on the Macquarie Island Class of the IFAN and is primarily used as a command ship for Coast Guard OPVs and as a transport for asylum seekers (from people trafficking boats) by using embarked habitat modules (containers). She is also able to conduct patrols of Australias southern sovereign waters from the foot of Tasmania down to Antarctica.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 776 »

Jump to: