Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 23 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2576 »
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: April 4th, 2014, 8:42 pm
The USN plans on buying global hawks to compliment the P-8 force by allowing the P-8s to act as ASW patrol and shooters while the RQ-4 force does long range surface search operations.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: April 4th, 2014, 9:01 pm
@Portsmouth Bill
Great to see You here again! :D

@LEUT_East
Maybe Eurofighter Typhoon instead?

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: April 4th, 2014, 9:07 pm
LEUT_East wrote:
Shipright wrote:
I think you have too many Global Hawks, the US only has 48.

You AF also seems to be lacking some ground support, how about a few gunships (AC-130esque vice helos)? Also, tankers?
I had a feeling I had too many Global Hawks. I was using the actual amount that the Australian Federal Government has planned to acquire from the US DoD. I used the Airbus A400 in lieu of the Hercules and the Airbus A330 MRTT fills the tanker role. I was also thinking about including some Warthogs into the equation. I really wanted to have the Sukhoi Su-30 Multi-Role Fighter in the lead fighter role but I gathered I would cop a lot of criticism for my choice.
[ img ]
Not really any way you could have defended that, no. I mean, if you'd had the Eurofighter Typhoon in that place, that could work easily, but the SU-30? Tricky.

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: April 4th, 2014, 9:53 pm
love reading this thread. is it just me or do modern Russian aircraft just look bad ass in any nations colour scheme........

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: April 4th, 2014, 11:47 pm
Okay, here is a rehash.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on April 5th, 2014, 7:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: April 5th, 2014, 3:33 am
IFAAF 18m SAR Boat

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: April 5th, 2014, 5:41 am
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on April 6th, 2014, 4:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: April 5th, 2014, 6:01 am
Looking great so far! I love the SAR boat :)
I think the numbers for the IFAAF look pretty good now, though I would expect the numbers for the Typhoons to be reversed so that there are more single seaters - or at least closer to parity if you envisage a strike modified twin-seat variant (also the 'type' text is doubled up for the Typhoon too).

You continue to come up with great and tremendously detailed designs, how do you do it? I find them all both fascinating and inspiring, please keep them coming :D

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: April 5th, 2014, 6:26 am
Rowdy36 wrote:
Looking great so far! I love the SAR boat :)
I think the numbers for the IFAAF look pretty good now, though I would expect the numbers for the Typhoons to be reversed so that there are more single seaters - or at least closer to parity if you envisage a strike modified twin-seat variant (also the 'type' text is doubled up for the Typhoon too).

You continue to come up with great and tremendously detailed designs, how do you do it? I find them all both fascinating and inspiring, please keep them coming :D
Thanks mate, I draw my inspiration from your wonderful artwork so we both must be doing something good then. I have amended the Typhoons too.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: April 5th, 2014, 9:49 am
LEUT_East wrote:
Okay, here is a rehash.

-SNIP IFAAF-
Sees Eurofighter Typhoons.

8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 23 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 121 22 23 24 2576 »

Jump to: