Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 5 of 9  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page « 13 4 5 6 79 »
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of New Cromer AUPosted: August 25th, 2014, 6:11 pm
Page 3 edited Top Down of New Cromer's Type 45 added.

:roll: I've given up on Majhost and am slowly replacing all my [img] with Photobucket links. :x

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of New Cromer AUPosted: August 25th, 2014, 6:21 pm
as far as I know, it is unwise to cut an SYLVER launcher in half. if you can do it though, the exhaust hatch would stay the same size, as it is sized on that of a single missile launch, not that of the entire cell.

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of New Cromer AUPosted: August 25th, 2014, 6:29 pm
i had to compromise to avoid double black lines. according to sources on wiki the Type 45 can fit 12 strike length cells in there, another source think defence UK says 16 god knows how......
http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2013/08/t ... launchers/
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_45_destroyer

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of New Cromer AUPosted: August 25th, 2014, 6:37 pm
Could always look at the single cell Mk.41s there are kicking about.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of New Cromer AUPosted: August 25th, 2014, 6:40 pm
an option for that is extending the deckhouse, for example towards the bridge. as the SYLVER has 8 cell modules, I can only think the 12 is incorrect. another option might be to move the current 'rows' of VLS sideways, and fit cells in between.

the 16 cell addition is most likely lengthening the VLS deckhouse toward the bridge.

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of New Cromer AUPosted: August 25th, 2014, 7:03 pm
the think defence website gives specific mention to the 16 cells going between the current A-50's as looking at photographs there doesn't appear to be the space so therefore one can only assume there is space to allow the A-50's t be spread enough to allow the 3 modules of A-70 to fit down the centre......
[ img ]
I will try to find out if like the MK41 the Sylver is available as single or 1x4 strips..... as this is the only way I can see it fitting without major work and as the strike length fit is supposed to be something that can be carried out reletivley straight forward as part of a routine upgrade, I wouldn't have though it would require major steel work.....

as for wiki they state 12 cells ahead of the current VLS, but surely the gun is in the way.......

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of New Cromer AUPosted: August 27th, 2014, 1:58 pm
Page 4 edited F/A18 E/F and E/A18 G added and F35B added

All broken Majhost links replaced with links from Photobucket.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of New Cromer AUPosted: August 28th, 2014, 1:20 pm
BLOODY WELL DONE SHIPPY :!:

[Profile] [Quote]
shippy2013
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of New Cromer AUPosted: August 28th, 2014, 8:24 pm
[ img ]

New Cromer Air Force History

Naval Aviation

The AVRO Shackleton MR Mk.3 entered service with No 204 squadron in 1957/8 taking up Maritime patrol duties and Search and Rescue work, 8 Aircraft were delivered in 1964 5 additional MR. Mk3 were added ex RAF modified to the then Phase III design with the added Viper turbo Jets. The Shackleton was replaced in the role by the US built P.3 Orion in 1979, the last of the Shackleton's removed from service by 1981.
[ img ]

Lockheed P.3C Orion, 12 aircraft were leased off of Lockheed from 1979 to 2008 when they were handed back after the arrival of 6 A319 MPA. They initially served with the navy as part of No’ 204 Squadron but in 1992 with the restructuring of the Navy and Air Force 8 aircraft became part of the Air Force controlled Joint Force Command as No’107 Squadron. The navy still retained control of 4 aircraft for various tasks till 2005 when its 3 remaining aircraft transferred to 107 Squadron. 107 Squadron took over most maritime patrol duties, tasked with all manor of maritime patrol work from search and rescue to anti submarine warfare, anti piracy and anti smuggling missions. One Aircraft No’1001 of 204 Squadron was lost in a mid air collision with an Air Force Phantom in 1998 with all crew lost on both aircraft.
[ img ]

DeHaviland Sea Vixen FAW.2. Entered service in 1966 54 were delivered to the Navy. The design was also offered to the Air Force but instead the Air Force took the Hunter then the Phantom They served with 3 Squadrons until 1991. Periodically upgraded to eventually FAW.9 they served as Fleet defence fighters ultimately armed with the Bae Skyflash missile and Side Winder 9L. They were also used as ground attack planes using dumb and guided munitions, had a secondary Nuclear strike role using the WE177B free fall Nuclear Bomb. They were also tasked with Air to Air Refuelling using buddy tanker pods and able to carry 5 1,500l drop tanks. Loss of the CATOBAR carriers in 1991 meant there was no direct replacement for the Vixen till the arrival of the new CVN’s and the F/A18E and F in 2006/7.
[ img ]

Blackburn Buccaneer S2. Entered service in 1968 initially with the Navy quickly followed by the Airforce. 108 were eventually delivered and served with 3 Navy Squadrons and 3 Air Force Squadrons till 1988 with the Air Force bar a number of exceptions and 1992 with the Navy. Tasked with attack mission using dumb and guided weapons and also having a Nuclear attack role with the WE177B free fall Nuclear bomb. In the Airforce they were replaced by the Phantom F4E and RF4E, PANAVIA Tornado GR1 and GR1A and Harrier GR5 from 1985 and in the Navy they were replaced by the Harrier GR5 from 1991 as the Centaur class carrier Victoria was decommissioned and Cromer was converted to STOVL to increase the size of its air wing due to the loss of Victoria.
[ img ]

Fairy Gannet, three variants were delivered to the Navy from 1968 to 1972, the AS Mk.1, AEW Mk.3 and the COD Mk.4. 10 of each were delivered and served on New Cromer's carriers till they were started to be phased out in the late 1980’s eventually replaced by rotary assets In the form of the Sea King and Lynx in the AS and COD roles by 1988 and by the Sea King in the AEW role in 1991.
[ img ]

Westland Wasp, began to arrive with the fleet in 1964, around 80 have seen service with the Navy, Army and Airforce over the years, they began to be replaced by the Lynx in both the ASW and spotting roles in the mid to late 70’s but a few soldiered on till the late 1980’s with the Navy. Around 10 survived till the late 1990’s with the New Cromer Rotary Wing School (NCRWS) as basic trainers when they were finally replaced with more modern Griffen and Eurocopter helicopters for training use.
[ img ]

Westland Wessex, Westland started to deliver the Wessex to the Navy of New Cromer in 1964 and some 75 helicopters were delivered to the Navy, Air Force and Army. They served in numerous roles till being slowly replaced by the later Westland Sea Kings from the early 1980’s with a number of the Navy’s Wessex transferred to the Army and Marines, the final Wessex left in service were finally replaced in 2008 by the Westland/Augusta Merlin in the Air Sea Rescue role and by the V-22 Osprey for the Marines.
[ img ]

Westland Sea King, began to arrive in the early 1980’s and slowly replaced the Wessex in various roles. The Wessex were transferred to the Army for a number of years before bowing out. The Sea Kings saw use in the ASW, Commando, Transport, Air Sea Rescue and AEW roles till the arrival of the Westland/Augusta Merlin in 2004 onwards. The last Sea Kings were used by the Air Sea Rescue squadron till 2008 when they were replaced with the last Wessex by a final batch of Merlins….
[ img ]

More Back stories to follow. also tail markings to be appleid to Vixens, Bucanneers and Gannets

Last edited by shippy2013 on June 5th, 2015, 2:49 pm, edited 19 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
pegasus206
Post subject: Re: Commonwealth of New Cromer AUPosted: August 28th, 2014, 8:59 pm
Nice work Shippy,your navy isn't operating the MPA aircrafts?

Best Regards,
Aart.

Projects:

The Kingdom of Rochfort in FD

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 9  [ 82 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 13 4 5 6 79 »

Jump to: