Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 37 of 40  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page « 135 36 37 38 39 40 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: October 1st, 2017, 2:46 pm
Excellent work.

I really like the Harlequin, adding an early COGAG powerplant gives a new flavour to the Leander what-ifs. I quite like the idea of a Proteus and Avon pairing.

The Daedalus is a good what-if Type 44 development but actually looks better in terms of aesthetics. The mix of weapons seems good too. The Sea Flash would have been an ideal analogue to the NATO Sea Sparrow series.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Calis
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: October 1st, 2017, 7:12 pm
Excellent additions Blackbuck, I like the look of the harlequin

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: October 1st, 2017, 7:39 pm
Great looking drawings!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: October 2nd, 2017, 9:36 am
odysseus1980 wrote: *
Very nice ships. And the Daedalus has a very distinctive silhouette.
Ta, that it does. Originally I wasn't particularly fond of how they looked but once they were detailed and polished they started to grow on me.
Hood wrote: *
Excellent work.

I really like the Harlequin, adding an early COGAG powerplant gives a new flavour to the Leander what-ifs. I quite like the idea of a Proteus and Avon pairing.

The Daedalus is a good what-if Type 44 development but actually looks better in terms of aesthetics. The mix of weapons seems good too. The Sea Flash would have been an ideal analogue to the NATO Sea Sparrow series.
Ta! I've been musing over how to make a plausible Leander what-if outside of the usual ones, these have taken quite a bit of trial and error to come to the final product :geek: As for the Type 44s, that's a reassuring vote of confidence, I must be doing something right.
Calis wrote: *
Excellent additions Blackbuck, I like the look of the harlequin
Ta! They're lovely aren't they? Like grown-up Leanders :)
eswube wrote: *
Great looking drawings!
Ta!

As a final note, I'm aware there are modern RHIBs on the as-built Daedalus, I can't be bothered changing them to something... More classical however.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: October 3rd, 2017, 1:12 am
Ooo-La-Lar.... :P

Mr Blackbuck sir.... That Harlequin class frigate of yours is PURE sex on legs :D

:idea: As a HUGE fan of the Leander Class, may one enquire if there are any more Leander's, or adaptations thereof on the slipway please :?:

Sincerely yours old chap,

Andy.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: October 3rd, 2017, 6:33 am
These drawings are excellent

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: October 3rd, 2017, 8:19 am
adenandy wrote: *
may one enquire if there are any more Leander's, or adaptations thereof on the slipway please :?:
At some point, there's Whitby, Rothesay and Leander mods to be done.
heuhen wrote: *
These drawings are excellent
Ta!

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: October 3rd, 2017, 9:35 am
The Implacable and Daedalus classes :love:

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: October 14th, 2017, 1:09 pm
Time for another round of improvements :roll:

There's still a couple of modern classes missing, such as the submarine rescue vessel and the Antarctic research vessel, so still a ways to go before I start on other things.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: October 14th, 2017, 5:29 pm
Beautiful as always, and inspiring for my own efforts. Question: is it sensible to have dedicated bow thrusters on a ship that has a forward azimuth thruster, especially a combatant that cares about hull noise?

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 37 of 40  [ 398 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 135 36 37 38 39 40 »

Jump to: