Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 33 of 40  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page « 131 32 33 34 3540 »
BB1987
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 21st, 2016, 11:10 pm
Very nice subs Blackbuck.
Forgive my ignorance on the matter, but I'm quite intrigued by the propulsion setup of the revenge class, what exactly it is?

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 21st, 2016, 11:26 pm
It's a ducted shaftless propulsor in the same vein as the RED proposals.

To quote from the pdf of aforementioned propulsor.
Quote:
The RED-I motor uses a wet gap permanent magnet motor to turn a ring of propeller blades.
Two RED-I motors are mounted in free flood areas in the submarine mud tank, forward of the stern planes.
The permanent magnet motor employed is large enough to permit a four feet diameter UUV to internally pass through the RED-I propulsor system in order to deploy from the stern of the submarine.
~Regards, Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 21st, 2016, 11:32 pm
Thanks for the explanation, pretty interesting.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 21st, 2016, 11:39 pm
Nice Boats Mark.

Well Drawn matey :D

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 22nd, 2016, 12:14 am
Revenge definitely isn't a beautiful boat, but Your attention to detail is fantastic.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 22nd, 2016, 10:20 am
For something that spends most of its time below the surface I think we can overlook that :P

[Profile] [Quote]
reytuerto
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 22nd, 2016, 5:03 pm
Very well drawn boats, Blackbuck! And thanks for the explanation about ducted propulsors.
May I ask you, what is the vehicle that is placed with the mines? The 4 ASW torpedoes shown there is the intended armament of that vehicle? Thanks.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 22nd, 2016, 5:15 pm
I think it might be the UUV (underwater unmanned vehicle), also mentioned in the PDF about the ducted propulsor.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: March 22nd, 2016, 5:45 pm
BB1987 is correct, they are near enough if not actually the same as the UCL UUVs illustrated by RP1 some time back.

There's quite a few theoretical things that could be deployed via that stern tube, for simplicity however I chose to illustrate just the UCL pattern UUVs.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: May 17th, 2016, 2:48 pm
In between other things I realised that the side view of the CVGNs didn't really match my (rudimentary) top-view. So. Update time!

Sorry for the scruffy looking image dump but that can't be helped with things of such different sizes.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

There are some other noteworthy changes to mention. Better arrangement for boats, a revised island structure and associated bits and pieces, new prop layout based on some reading into high speed transports. Replacement (finally) of the Tracker/Tracer/Trader/Trapper family with Grumman MR2s, updating the AW159 drawing (still not 100% happy with it) and finally updating the Super Hornet drawings to show them in their proper state.

Should be reasonably up to date now on the carrier side of things. ~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 33 of 40  [ 398 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 131 32 33 34 3540 »

Jump to: