Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 36 of 40  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page « 134 35 36 37 3840 »
Skyder2598
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: June 28th, 2017, 5:52 pm
Nice work Blackbuck ;-) As for the radars, I think it looks good if you leave the lower black outline so it's 2px hight...

~~Normerr~~FD stuff~~

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: August 23rd, 2017, 6:34 pm
Greetings one and all.

Progress as ever is slow but steady and as such there's not all that much to show currently. I've primarily been bringing stuff up-to date and re-vamping older drawings so it only seems fair to upload the improved county-class and 'silent Duke' drawings. Both got work overs to bring them in line with my other drawings.

[ img ]
[ img ]

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: August 23rd, 2017, 7:45 pm
Fabulous!

I think I'd move the forward liferafts up a deck level on the Implacable, though. They seem quite prone to damage/loss in heavy weather as currently located.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: August 24th, 2017, 8:21 am
Nice to see this AU still ticking over. The updated drawings look good.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Calis
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: August 25th, 2017, 4:11 am
Very nice drawings, love this color scheme

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: August 25th, 2017, 4:57 am
EXCELLENT work Mark :!:

I love your Counties... The look REALLY smart :D

Ever thought about bashing out some Leanders :?: I remember one Chatham Navy Days when there was about half a dozen Leanders or more, three or more Counties and a good few Rover Class Fleet Oilers, all parked up in 3 Basin... What a GLORIOUS sight, and FANTASTIC memories :P

As a young Sea Cadet, we got in about 5 hours before Jo Public, and before any ships had compartments closed off, basically giving us free reign to climb and explore all over these ships... Ahhhh. Happy days :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: August 25th, 2017, 8:14 am
Ta.
At some point I do need to do Type 12 swarm... There's something like 52 of them in various different guises that need doing eventually, the last of them going by mid-1999.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: August 26th, 2017, 4:49 am
Ooo, cool :!:

Thank you Mark... Something to look forward to :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: October 1st, 2017, 1:14 pm
And now for something completely different.

The Daedalus class guided-missile destroyer.

What started out with a Type 43 / Kidd specification resulted in a less capable but cheaper alternative based upon the following Type 44 (specifically the sketch by D. K. Brown). With Standard and Sea Flash in the place of Sea Dart and Sea Wolf they matched many of the capabilities found on the Implacable-class (sans-Standard ER) and for the first time included a CIWS on a Galenic vessel (in this case SAMOS). Initially they were to be deployed with out any stand-off ASW capability despite being outfitted with Type 2016, this was changed during their construction to include the recently developed Ikara Mk.6 / 7 via four box launchers, this resulted in the launchers for ASALM being relocated to the fantail.

During their later lives they would be quite substantially changed via a mid-life improvement program. This included the re-location of their directors to two forward and one aft after the obsolescence and removal of Ikara, the fitting of Seastreak, deletion Sky Flash and its associated autoloader after obsolescence and its replacement by a pair of Mk.48 MOD 3 VLS for ESSM as well as various other improvements such as replacing Millpost with Nettuno, communications gear changes and the replacement of Type 2016's dry end with that of Type 2050.

Rather odd looking but eventually quite capable the Daedalus class would survive until the early 2010s when their replacements in the form of Batch 1B (Corundum sub-class) Gemstones would arrive.
[ img ]

Also! Something familiar, yet not quite what they appear to be.

The Harlequin class frigate.

Based upon a combination of the figures for the 1959 frigate alternatives and DS.387 the Harlequins can be seen as big-boned Leanders. They are as can probably be ascertained from the funnel and intakes COGAG vessels, powered by what could be considered a prototype to the well known Tyne / Olympus combination in the form of a pair each of Proteus and Avons for around 33,000SHP at full chat.
A variety of guises are illustrated including the original 100mm gun (subsequently replaced by the ubiquitous OTObreda 76mm), SSGW conversions (Sea Flash + ASALM) and Ikara conversions (latterly the improved Stingray capable Mk.6).
The double hangar on the gun-armed vessels stems from a passage in Friedman's British Destroyers & Frigates which refers to an Australian proposal for getting a pair of Lynxes onto a River, given that these are both longer and wider than the original Type 12s it seems quite reasonable that they'd be able to do what equates to the same.

[ img ]

as an aside, the protuberance you may or may not notice on various mounts is an OTO Melara Local Control Unit

That's all for now... ~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: The Federal Monarchy Of Tol GalenPosted: October 1st, 2017, 2:18 pm
Very nice ships. And the Daedalus has a very distinctive silhouette.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 36 of 40  [ 398 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 134 35 36 37 3840 »

Jump to: